We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports Centre indoor swimming pool

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
28 helpful votes
Sports Centre indoor swimming pool
Save

We are planning to come out to Verbier in the middle of next month when sadly the wonderful and atmospheric Sports Centre outdoor swimming pool will have closed.

Is there now an indoor swimming pool at the Sport Centre or are they still using an offsite pool? The website for the Sport Centre is not very clear on this.

Many thanks.

3 replies to this topic
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
54,656 posts
230 reviews
370 helpful votes
1. Re: Sports Centre indoor swimming pool
Save

As far as I know (and I did ask the same question of someone who lives in Verbier recently) it won't be ready till the winter season IF then. so the pool to use is the one at the Mondzeu. Near the Ermitage parking.

It has been quite cool in Verbier this summer as you can imagine. And wet! It is very nice, crisp weather now and I hope you will have the same when you get here.

London
Level Contributor
42 posts
13 reviews
28 helpful votes
2. Re: Sports Centre indoor swimming pool
Save

Many thanks, Hambagahle, for the very helpful reply.

I was sorry to hear that the weather has not been particularly warm and we have greatly missed not being in Verbier in August when we usually are there for the Verbier Music Festival. At least we were able to be there in spirit via the terrific Medici TV link; the last night performance of La Boheme was particularly memorable.

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
54,656 posts
230 reviews
370 helpful votes
3. Re: Sports Centre indoor swimming pool
Save

I worked as a volunteer for the Festival from the year after it started for maybe 20 years. It is an amazing event and including the orchestra rehearsals means Verbier has something wonderful on offer for almost two months every summer. Chapeau to Martin Engstrom and Câline Yamakawa for keeping this year’s edition on track despite terrible odds.

So glad you will be back in Verbier soon, Chelseaman!

Reply to: Sports Centre indoor swimming pool
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Verbier
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.