We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

village to stay

Melbourne
Level Contributor
35 posts
149 reviews
45 helpful votes
village to stay
Save

I am looking for a village to stay in for a few nights on route from Strasbourg to Annecy. We have a car. I have looked at a few including Ornans, Arbois, Poligny,etc. I am sure they are all lovely villages. Any suggestions. Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
13,860 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: village to stay
Save

Hotel Cascade at Moutiers-Haute-Pierre.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
46 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: village to stay
Save

Both Poligny and Arbois are interesting villages, with places to stay, restaurants and wineries. Besancon and Dole are somewhat larger, but really great.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
35 posts
149 reviews
45 helpful votes
3. Re: village to stay
Save

Thank you. I will have a look at it.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
35 posts
149 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: village to stay
Save

Do you know the village of Ornans? I have looked at a hotel there by the river and the images of the town look very pretty.

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
11 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: village to stay
Save

We stayed for a week in Salins les Bains and visited Arbois and Ornans. They are both attractive towns. It is a lovely region with beautiful natural scenery, sources of rivers, forests. The day we visited Ornans we stopped at Ouhans to see the source of the Loue which is very impressive. Then down the gorges of Nouailles into Moutier Haute Pierre. There are several lovely villages such as Lods you could visit if you are there for a couple of days. From memory (it was 2008), Ornans had a picuresque old town. We walked a circuit. Cannot advise on staying there. Arbois was very nice. We were there in early Spring and there was so much water flowing in the streams. It was very impressive.

We really enjoyed the Jura. There are some wonderful cheeses -comte, morbier, bleu de gex - and smoked meats and sausages (morteau and montbeliard ) and also very nice wine around Arbois as well as "vin jaune " from Chateau Chalon.

Enjoy your stay.

Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
1,455 posts
46 reviews
36 helpful votes
6. Re: village to stay
Save

We visited Ornans last year. It's a place I would happily stay. It has a great museum, and we stopped at a really good butcher shop there. You can read a little about it on the my blog post for that day: http://mainelywinenews.blogspot.com/search?q=ornans

Melbourne
Level Contributor
35 posts
149 reviews
45 helpful votes
7. Re: village to stay
Save

Thanks. Sounds beautiful.

Melbourne
Level Contributor
35 posts
149 reviews
45 helpful votes
8. Re: village to stay
Save

Thank you. Loved reading your blog. Very. helpful.

Reply to: village to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Doubs
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.