We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Florence to Praiano on Sunday, October 21, 2018

San Diego...
2 posts
Florence to Praiano on Sunday, October 21, 2018

We'll be taking a fast train out of Florence on Sunday, October 21. Our objective is to arrive at our lodging in Praiano as quickly as possible without going overboard on expense. First, I would like opinions on our train destination from Florence: Salerno or Naples?

Thanking you in advance for your time!

3 replies to this topic
Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
3,060 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Florence to Praiano on Sunday, October 21, 2018

Naples is generally a shorter trip door to door but you’d want a private transfer to save the most time. Such private transfer should run 100+ euro. Contact Sorrento Cars www.sorrentocars.com for a price. I was quoted 100 for my upcoming visit to Praiano.

From Naples, you could transfer by commuter train + SITA bus via Sorrento or by continuing on a fast train to Salerno and then SITA to Amalfi where you would change to another SITA to Praiano.

Do you know the exact location of your lodging? Another advantage or private transfer is it can deliver you closer to your lodging if it’s located above the main SS163 roadway.

San Diego...
2 posts
2. Re: Florence to Praiano on Sunday, October 21, 2018

Thank you very much! I've purchased the Firenze to Napoli train tickets and have gotten in touch with the private car service you recommended.

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
3,060 posts
23 reviews
3. Re: Florence to Praiano on Sunday, October 21, 2018

You should have an answer from Sorrento Cars when you wake up tomorrow morning. I would have suggested train to Salerno + ferry to Amalfi + taxi to Praiano but the weather lately has been dicey with daily storminess which results in suspended ferry service. Not to mention it would be the “scenic route” AKA the long way. Train to Napoli Centrale + private driver is effortless and fast. Enjoy your visit!

Reply to: Florence to Praiano on Sunday, October 21, 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Praiano