We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Praiano

Morristown, New...
4 posts
1 review
Praiano

Our family (2 adults, 3 active boys ages 13, 11 and 8) will be staying in Praiano without a car the last week of August. We will be staying in a villa close to Tutto per Tutti.

Are there any nearby cafes my boys would be able to walk to by themselves to get a snack (gelato/pastry)?

How long would it take to walk to Kasai? Would it be feasible to walk to Bar de Sole?

How much time would you factor in when we have to be in Positano at 10am? We will be taking the bus (local or SITA).

5 replies to this topic
Orange County...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
3,135 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Praiano

Word is, a small cafe opened at the Comune / Town Hall which is just down the road (Via Umberto I) from Tutto per Tutti. I don’t know if gelato is served.

Bar del Sole is about a 10-15 minute walk from Tutto per Tutti. It serves good gelato, pastries, espresso drinks, snacks, and adult beverages.

Familiarize yourself with the Mobility Amalfi Coast bus schedule which is available on Facebook. Tickets are available onboard as well as at the tourist office near Bar del Sole and at some small shops which display the Mobility Amalfi Coast sticker in the window. The trip to Positano takes appx 30 minutes depending on the origin point in Praiano and traffic.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
46 reviews
2. Re: Praiano

From Tutto per Tutti to Kasai would be about a 400 yard walk, straight up Via Umberto. Bar del Sole is probably another 700-800 yards from Kasai. It's downhill going, but uphill coming back.

Morristown, New...
4 posts
1 review
3. Re: Praiano

Thank you for your quick responses! Much appreciated.

We will be taking a train from Roma Termini to Napoli Centrale. Would you recommend buying tickets in advance?

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,004 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Praiano

If you're sure you can make the train on time, you can pre-purchase tickets. But if you're flying into Rome and then jumping on the train to Naples, you run the risk of delays and missing your train. How do you plan on getting from Napoli Centrale to Praiano?

Morristown, New...
4 posts
1 review
5. Re: Praiano

Jerry M - We are planning on getting a private car transfer to Praiano from the train station. I went ahead and purchased train tickets from Rome as my 3 children were gratis due to the summer promo.

What is the best way to get to Agerola? We are planning on hiking a portion of the Path of the Gods. Then afterwards make our way to Amalfi. Is it feasible to walk to Amalfi in the afternoon from Agerola? I have a hunch the SITA bus will be overcrowded.

Reply to: Praiano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Praiano