We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe and cheapest way to get from Napoli Airport to Praiano

Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Safe and cheapest way to get from Napoli Airport to Praiano

Hi,

Can you recommend the best way to get to Praiano from Napoli Airport? We are 2 women and will be carrying two big pieces of luggage (it's our first time in Italy)

Many thanks

Pat

17 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
11. Re: Safe and cheapest way to get from Napoli Airport to Praiano

We ended up using DriveAmalfi on our journey from Napoli Airport to Praiano and back. 110 Euro per leg per car. Great service and all drivers speak English/Italian and some even Spanish!

Don't rely on buses! After spending 10 days at the Amalfi coast, we've learnt that you should only use them if you have plently of time to spare.

Wheatley, Canada
4 posts
12. Re: Safe and cheapest way to get from Napoli Airport to Praiano

Following

Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
13. Re: Safe and cheapest way to get from Napoli Airport to Praiano

Hi. Does anyone know how far the piazza is from the ferry port in Sorrento?

Chicago
Level Contributor
135 posts
36 reviews
14. Re: Safe and cheapest way to get from Napoli Airport to Praiano

It's about a 5-10 min walk.

Chicago
Level Contributor
135 posts
36 reviews
15. Re: Safe and cheapest way to get from Napoli Airport to Praiano

When we returned, we took a Sita bus from Praiano to Amalfi which takes you straight to the port. There is no going up or down stairs at the port. We purchased a ferry ticket for the fast ferry (35 min) approx an hour before departure while you can purchase up to 30 min prior to departure. No refunds if you purchase your tickets way in advance if the ferry gets canceled. Ferries do cancel dependent on weather. Once arriving, it's about a 5-10 min walk to the train station.

I agree, if you are short on time, use a private driver. We used Mandara Car Services and paid 110 euros for 2 people and luggage: mandaracarservices.com. A friend who used his service previously had a English speaking driver however we did not. It did not matter since we were too tired to talk after landing in Naples.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
55 posts
236 reviews
16. Re: Safe and cheapest way to get from Napoli Airport to Praiano

Yesterday...

We used city airport taxi web site 5 people in a 8 seater van due to large amount of luggage

130 eu driver was waiting in the airport

To easy excellent imo

Newfoundland
Level Contributor
85 posts
47 reviews
17. Re: Safe and cheapest way to get from Napoli Airport to Praiano

I would do a private transfer. We did the train to Sorrento and then bus to Praiano, returning we did a private transfer. The savings are not worth the hassle and time in taking trains and buses. When I go next time, I will do a private transfer.

Reply to: Safe and cheapest way to get from Napoli Airport to Praiano
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Praiano