We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
583 posts
75 reviews
87 helpful votes
Car hire
Save

Any recommendations for car hire in Paphos

Looking for a company that don’t try and scam you regarding damage to the car and don’t want your credit card details before you take the car

6 replies to this topic
East Midlands
Level Contributor
568 posts
39 reviews
33 helpful votes
1. Re: Car hire
Save

We have always used Easyrentacar with no problems whatsoever. Based in Paphos near Alexander the Great hotel. You can collect the car from the airport and pop into their office in the next day or two to sort out the paperwork and pay. No hidden extras. George and Kula are great to deal with.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
583 posts
75 reviews
87 helpful votes
2. Re: Car hire
Save

Cheers

Will keep any eye out for them when we arrive, we’ve booked private transfers so will only want a car for a week or so whilst we’re there

London
Level Contributor
767 posts
31 reviews
16 helpful votes
3. Re: Car hire
Save

i second Easyrentacar and Elephant is also often recommended on this forum.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
7 reviews
22 helpful votes
4. Re: Car hire
Save

We used pentares rentals a couple of weeks ago . They met us at the airport and everything was very simple . No credit card , just payed him cash . Car was decent nothing fancy

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
307 posts
88 reviews
73 helpful votes
5. Re: Car hire
Save

We used Elephant for 5 days rental during our holiday just back from.

They did require a 250e security deposit (Cash, or Card), however this was refunded within 2 days of them collecting the car (to my credit card).

I understand the reluctance to give CC details, as I was also wary, but these guys were genuine and fine to deal with. Car was decent too.

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
6. Re: Car hire
Save

I'd recommend Thrasos car hire in Paphos.

We used them last year and they met us at the airport and took the payment in cash. The car was perfectly adequate but not new / shiny - I actually took that as a big positive as it meant that you didn't need to worry too much about the car on some of the unfinished / pot holed roads.

Edited: 01 September 2021, 20:55
Reply to: Car hire
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Paphos
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.