We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cyprus help itinerary

Ljubljana, Slovenia
6 posts
cyprus help itinerary
Save

Hello everyone

We are a group of 4 friends and are travelling to Cyprus for one week on 5th september. We land in Paphos but we don't know how to begin our trip. We want to include ayia napa( for partying) but since we land in Paphos we should also include other cities. Would it be okay to just go straight to Limassol and then there rent an airbnb and stay there for like 3-4 days and go to day trips to Paphos, Nicosia etc or should we include 2 days in paphos or maybe Nicosia? We are afraid that there wont't be much going on in Paphos and we can go sightseeing during the day to Paphos so is it worth also staying in Paphos? We are in our early 20s so we don't like if it would be "quiettish" at night.

Thanks

13 replies to this topic
8 posts
1 review
1. Re: cyprus help itinerary
Save

Personally I would base myself in Larnaca. It's more central, Paphos to Napa is quite the drive. Big beach, and despite being a working town there is plenty on..

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
138 reviews
88 helpful votes
2. Re: cyprus help itinerary
Save

I take it you will have a hire car. You may find it fairly quiteish everywhere at the moment due to COVID protocols. It’s a fairly long drive from Paphos to Ayia Napa & Larnaca is more central to the two towns. Larnaca airport is always the best choice of airport if you wanted to stay mainly in the west of Cyprus.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
6 posts
3. Re: cyprus help itinerary
Save

As I said we land in Paphos( Venice-Paphos with Ryanair). I don't know about Larnaca but it seems like a quiet town so we didn't really much look into it. Wouldn't it be best to stay in Limassol because of it proximity to other towns it's like in the middle and since it's the second biggest city I'd bet it's most busy at the moment? I don't know about Larnaca because if we would like to go out to Limassol there'd be a problem with driving because we will be drinking so we need to find an airbnb in zone where taxis will still be driving

8 posts
1 review
4. Re: cyprus help itinerary
Save

Well I certainly would not call Larnaca quiet. Have lool on YouTube.

Cheshunt, United...
Level Contributor
1,440 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
5. Re: cyprus help itinerary
Save

Perhaps start in paphos for a couple of days culture, nice bars/restaurants, then head to Nicosia, cosmopolitan, shopping, history.. then finish your break with some fun in Napa. Beaches and bars.

Ljubljana, Slovenia
6 posts
6. Re: cyprus help itinerary
Save

Is Limassol so bad? I always thought Limassol was like Cypriotic version of Los Angeles. I mean we don't need party 24/7 ( that's for the end) but we'd prefer more busy, diverse environment and after hours bars/ clubs. I always thought Limassol had that 'vibe' and I'm not sure for Paphos, we wouldn't want to go to bed at 11 PM if it's ghost town after that

Ljubljana, Slovenia
6 posts
7. Re: cyprus help itinerary
Save

So If anyone can help what we had in mind..

So the last 3 days ayia napa is a must but we don't know about the other 4. So we're choosing between Larnaca, Paphos or Limassol

We would explore other cities and sightseeings during the day( not every day cause we are a group of young people and we aren't in any hurry and we want a relaxed vacation with 1 hour ahead of planning). We prefer beaches with some beach bars so you can drink coctails etc with good vibe and in the evening livable bars with possibility of after party. Preferably a place not so occupied by children and not so much those tourist crowds in the evening you can barely walk. Also a place where there are also locals not just tourist and more local prices to go dining out. Hope i didn't make it to hard, any thoughts what's our best option? :)

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
6,127 posts
100 reviews
81 helpful votes
8. Re: cyprus help itinerary
Save

You should definitely stay in Paphos for your first 2-3 nights. There are some very nice cocktail bars and plenty going on till late to keep you entertained. Young locals frequent the bars and restaurants in Kato Paphos as well as visitors.

You could then head for Larnaca/Ayia Napa and maybe stop off for a look around Limassol on the way. It’s definitely not the “Cypriotic version of Los Angeles”, and I think you’ll be sorely disappointed if that’s your expectation.

I like Larnaca and think it’s worth a couple of nights; you could visit Nicosia from there, it’s only a 45 minute drive.

Trisha

Edited: 29 August 2021, 04:16
Ljubljana, Slovenia
6 posts
9. Re: cyprus help itinerary
Save

Thank you for all the replies. Hope I'm not being to much stubborn but I always had a great feeling about Limassol. I guess it's not all gold that shines. In our country the best chances for the nightlife are the bigger the city the better the nightlife. Perhaps it's the best to find an airbnb in Paphos then head maybe to Limassol and crash in a hostel or smth just for the night or better Nicosia( we really want to be accomodated when drinking) that's why we can't base at one place for the whole week and then go to Ayia Napa.

Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
6,127 posts
100 reviews
81 helpful votes
10. Re: cyprus help itinerary
Save

I think Nicosia would be a good choice for one or two nights. It’s pretty compact and easy to navigate and you’ll find plenty going on.

It would be interesting to hear how you enjoyed your visit when you’re back home.

Trisha

Reply to: cyprus help itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cyprus
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.