We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tui policy Cyprus

3 posts
Tui policy Cyprus
Save

Hello all, I have arrived to Cyprus safely but I have encountered a few small problems and would like some advise. Problems: the hotel has a one hour policy where if you need food or snacks you have to pay for even if you have all inclusive; the hotel doesn’t offer bottled water. These weren’t specified on Tui website at the time of booking or now. Could I make a claim with Abta in this instance because Tui advisor said they can’t help? I have also incurred phone charges made to Tui as the hotel didn’t wish to call them for me even tough Tui assured there is a representative of their at the hotel, surprise, they don’t have a representative for this hotel. Thank you and sorry for the long text!

5 replies to this topic
Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
1,226 posts
100 reviews
153 helpful votes
1. Re: Tui policy Cyprus
Save

Many all inclusive hotels offer drinks by the glass not the bottle - including water. I assume there is a 1 hour slot where food isnt available on all inclusive and you therefore need to pay. I dont think these are issues relevant to ABTA. Did the hotel description say there wold be bottled water and food 24/7 included? Unless it specifically said they will be then I dont think you have a case even with TUI.

Edited: 26 August 2021, 03:14
3 posts
2. Re: Tui policy Cyprus
Save

Since when they have to specify 24/7 snack and drink on all inclusive? Thank you for your response, won’t ever make the mistake to book with Tui or come back to Cyprus. The hotel manager offered me the bottles of water as long as I would keep a low profile about it so he doesn’t offer it to others. Dubai/Egypt are laughing at the customer services and all inclusive service offered by Tui and Cyprus :)

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
138 reviews
88 helpful votes
3. Re: Tui policy Cyprus
Save

Tuis website has always been short on information as were the previous paper brochures. It’s wise to do your own research when booking a holiday through a third party such as looking at the hotels own website & combing the reviews for more details about what is on offer. I don’t think Abta or Tui will be particularly interested in your complaint.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
52,415 posts
35 reviews
111 helpful votes
4. Re: Tui policy Cyprus
Save

I doubt very much that Dubai or Egypt are laughing about TUI or Cyprus.

They won’t care.

You do not have grounds to complain to ABTA and it was your choice to incur costs to speak to TUI.

You can buy 6 large bottles of water from a supermarket for around 2 euro so maybe that’s a solution.

As another suggestion, I’d switch on any news channel and spend 5 minutes taking a reality check to get some perspective, then maybe you’d realise that there are worse situations to be in than an AI hotel where things aren’t free for 1 hour a day.

3 posts
5. Re: Tui policy Cyprus
Save

I did say that the problems were small, thank you for the water advise. After the first night I can say that the WiFi that was mentioned in descriptions not working at all and I have to use my mobile data for internet. Plus the rooms don’t have any sound proof, you can hear everything from the other rooms/hallway. Altogether when paying over £1.5k it’s not ok. The all inclusive details can’t be found on Tui or hotel website, how was I supposed to do the research than? :)

Reply to: Tui policy Cyprus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.