We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family visit end of Feb

bristol, UK
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
9 helpful votes
Family visit end of Feb
Save

We are thinking about visiting for Feb half term with children aged 13, 10, 5. We would like a bit of luxury, but would also like to stay somewhere with nice scenery and walks, good authentic food etc. Keen on seeing the real Cyprus but also need amenities!

We are used to the British weather, as long as it’s nice enough to be out and about and we see a bit of sunshine we will be happy with that- is this realistic??

Any advice gratefully received

Rachel

4 replies to this topic
Paphos, Cyprus
Destination Expert
for Paphos
Level Contributor
6,131 posts
100 reviews
81 helpful votes
1. Re: Family visit end of Feb
Save

The weather is totally unpredictable at that time of year; it could be sunny with blue skies or it could be grey and rainy.

The days are short and evenings chilly.

Trisha

Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1,980 posts
138 reviews
88 helpful votes
2. Re: Family visit end of Feb
Save

I’m not sure I would really recommend Cyprus in February. Although you can get lucky & have a few sunny spells the evenings are really cold & often wet. The Christmas & New Year holiday we spent in Paphos a few years ago was almost a complete write off as far as getting out & about was concerned & looking at the UK weather information at the time it was obviously much colder, wetter & stormer than it was at home. Luckily we were in a nice warm hotel & made the best if it but I don’t think I would chance going again anytime between mid November & mid April.

Paphos, Cyprus
Level Contributor
601 posts
56 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: Family visit end of Feb
Save

In general I'd say February is the coldest and wettest month, but it can't be predicted. Christmas and new year the weather was great here but the year before not so.

If you do decide to go for it then stay somewhere that provides some entertainment maybe a heated pool if you're lucky and a half decent room in case you cant get out and about but I'd be more inclined to hop on a plane to Tenerife

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Dubai, Pissouri, Protaras, Paphos, Limassol City, Cyprus
Level Contributor
52,416 posts
35 reviews
111 helpful votes
4. Re: Family visit end of Feb
Save

I’d agree with all the above. February is normally the wettest month of the year and the sea is too cold for swimming.

Hotel pools are not heated so with three kids to entertain I’d be booking somewhere else with more chance of sunshine

Reply to: Family visit end of Feb
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cyprus
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.