We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer/day trips

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
Airport transfer/day trips
Save

Hi,

Arriving next week for a 10 day stay at the Greco Hotel Margo Bay.

Can anyone please recommend a good taxi/transfer option from the airport?

Also any easy day trips or nice villages nearby worth seeing?

Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
89 reviews
51 helpful votes
1. Re: Airport transfer/day trips
Save

I can't advise on transfers, I'm afraid, but your hotel is well located for you to be able to take the local bus service (more or less hourly) to a range of other towns and resorts, so you won't be short of trips to do.

Up the coast is Afytos, a very pretty village with a good selection of craft shops. For nightlife, you're not far from Pefkohori.

I would recommend the boat trip from Pefkohori - a full day out across to the neighbouring peninsula. We did this when we were there earlier this month and it's good value at around €25.

The Royal Town of...
Level Contributor
575 posts
100 reviews
80 helpful votes
2. Re: Airport transfer/day trips
Save

I asked my local car rental company about where to visit and they could only recommend Afytos.

Thessaloniki, Greece
4 posts
3. Re: Airport transfer/day trips
Save

Check out Greektransferservices. They a very good local transfer company

London
Level Contributor
54 posts
2 reviews
4. Re: Airport transfer/day trips
Save

Many thanks for the replies. Does anyone have any recent updates on airport delays etc in Thessaloniki? How many hours before departure is it advisable to get there when coming back to the UK?

Birkenhead, United...
Level Contributor
198 posts
89 reviews
51 helpful votes
5. Re: Airport transfer/day trips
Save

We returned on 14 August. Our transfer with Jet2 had us at the airport three hours before the flight which was a bit excessive, to say yhe least!

We ended up sitting in the cafe outside the airport and left it until an hour before the flight before we went through (but we'd checked our hold luggage in earlier).

The airport wasn't busy at all and there weren't any queues of any great size. I dont know whether the situation has changed in the last two weeks.

Edited: 01 September 2021, 21:12
Reply to: Airport transfer/day trips
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kassandra
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.