We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre fly tests in skala

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
Pre fly tests in skala
Save

Hi any info re places to get fit to fly test in skala or am I best to take one from the Uk? Can get one online for around £28 at the mo.

7 replies to this topic
Droitwich, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
14 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Pre fly tests in skala
Save

My understanding is the fit to fly are for departing passengers.

For people returning to the UK, and fully vaccinated, you need a LFT (rapid antigen) test shortly prior to departing Greece, then day 2 (fully vaccinated), or day 2&8 (not vaccinated).

I have seen these at £15.50 or combined with a day 2 test, £56.00 via the Jet2 website.

I understand that an LFT rapid antigen is about €20 at local pharmacies in Greece.

I am probably going to book the £56 combo and have a local test as a backup option if anything goes wrong with the LFT I pre-buy given it only adds £10 to the cost of the day 2 test.

Ossett
Level Contributor
10 posts
9 reviews
12 helpful votes
2. Re: Pre fly tests in skala
Save

Yes, we did the same. We booked our LFT to return to the UK before we went on holiday using the http://kefaloniancoronatestcentre.com/ link. It was €30 each. Booked the medical centre in Skala which is on the Main Street just next door from the pharmacy. Very straight forward, swab in the mouth and got our negative result by email the following evening.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Pre fly tests in skala
Save

Thank you

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
25 posts
4. Re: Pre fly tests in skala
Save

Note for UK residents living in Wales, remember that whilst it's OK to take a LFT with you (eg CV19 etc), only the NHS Wales Day 2 PCR is acceptable on return. https://gov.wales/travel-wales-covid-19-testing-and-isolation

Edited: 27 August 2021, 14:40
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
3 helpful votes
5. Re: Pre fly tests in skala
Save

Just looking at testing in skala, it says prices from €40 euros? Also the jet2 package is listed at £70? Does anyone have any other cheaper options please? Thanks

Midlands
Level Contributor
118 posts
42 reviews
34 helpful votes
6. Re: Pre fly tests in skala
Save

I paid 55 euros each last week to book the tests in Skala, sounds like I have been ripped off. I booked online via the kefaloniancoronatestcentre.com and that was the price that came up ☹️☹️

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
8,816 posts
17 reviews
37 helpful votes
7. Re: Pre fly tests in skala
Save

For some reason, prices of testing on Kefalonia seem to be more expensive than other islands (generally speaking). Sounds like you might have booked a PCR test Pollypops when an anti-gen would suffice 🤷🏽‍♀️.

Kathryn….consider buying a test to take with you, could well be cheaper in this instance. Not sure what the Jet2 package consists of for £70 so can’t make any comparisons,

Reply to: Pre fly tests in skala
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kefalonia
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.