We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?

Kristiansand, Norway
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
26 helpful votes
Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?
Save

Hi.

I'm arriving Rhodos, Agios Nikolaos Wednesday next week, and has planned to take the Stavros (Saos Ferries) 11.30 am to Tilos. But on-line it looks like tickets are not available. Så I must try to buy it in harbor/town on Wednesday evening.

An alternative is Dodekanisos Pride leaving 08.00 am.

My question is: where can I buy tickets (preferably in the harbor) and where exactly are these ferry leaving from? Same or different place (Akandia, Touristiko Limani,...)?

8 replies to this topic
Loughborough...
Level Contributor
7,686 posts
30 reviews
24 helpful votes
1. Re: Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?
Save

Stavros leaves from Akandia

Dodekanisos Pride leaves from Kolonna

There is a ticket office for Stavros in the Akandia passenger terminal building, and Dodekanisos Seaways main sales office is right by the ship at Kolonna.

Kristiansand, Norway
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
26 helpful votes
2. Re: Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?
Save

Splendid, that was really helpful. Thanks a lot Andy!

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
15,649 posts
14 reviews
64 helpful votes
3. Re: Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?
Save

SAOS also list a ticket agency which is in the little row by the city walls landward end of the quay between Kolona and Akandia.

Might save you a bit of a walk.

https://www.saos.gr/en/%ce%ba%ce%b5%ce%bd%cf%84%cf%81%ce%b9%ce%ba%ce%ac-%cf%80%cf%81%ce%b1%ce%ba%cf%84%ce%bf%cf%81%ce%b5%ce%af%ce%b1/

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
365 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?
Save

Doesn't seem to be anyway of booking Stavros--the ferry websites show that it seems to have disappeared. Any knowledge Andy?

Kristiansand, Norway
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
26 helpful votes
5. Re: Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?
Save

YES! That's walking distance from my hotel (Lefka). Super Retired_Hippi!!

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
7,686 posts
30 reviews
24 helpful votes
6. Re: Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?
Save

If you want to book Stavros on line, you can. I wouldn't bother, just book on the day, but that's your choice.

https://symitours.com/

is an old-established travel agency which is also SAOS Ferries' port agent in Symi. Their online booking engine can sell tickets on the Stavros between any points it calls at.

If you do book on line, you'll still need to exchange the booking confirmation for real tickets at the port before you board, unless the Stavros has gone all high-tech since I used her last year.

Kristiansand, Norway
Level Contributor
14 posts
43 reviews
26 helpful votes
7. Re: Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?
Save

Thanks Andy. If I still have to exchange the booking for real tickets, I will not bother. My goal was to avoid having to queue up at the ticket office, especially for the 08.00 ferry.

Sigh, the Greeks really haven't realized the potensial in digitizing processes.... doing it half way. Same with airports; self-check-in, but you still have to stand in the queue for manual check-in (no baggage drop).

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
7,686 posts
30 reviews
24 helpful votes
8. Re: Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?
Save

Usual seasonal problem - impossible to justify expenditure on hardware that will only be fully used 3 months out of 12. Some of the ferries only hold 2 or 3 hundred passengers, and the crew members who do manual ticket checks still have to be on board anyway to meet the number of crew required in the event of an evacuation, so no saving to be made.

Blue Star, whose ferries are vastly larger and carry between 1000 and 2000 passengers depending on which ship do have scanners to allow for paperless ticketing.

Reply to: Tickets and port location for ferries to Tilos ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.