We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me decide please

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
17 helpful votes
Help me decide please
Save

Hi 🙋‍♀️

I’ve scrolled endlessly through this forum for the last few dates to pick ideas but couldn’t make a decision so I hope someone can kindly help.

I will be flying into Chania next week and staying in Old Town for the first 3 nights (fri- sun). I now need to book accommodation for the final 4 nights and the amount of choice is making me indecisive.

I need to be able to come back and stay my final night in Chania as I understand that I’ll have a safe amount of options for my Antigen test required to fly back home.

Thus, I am looking to book somewhere with easy access back to Chania for the final 3 nights but yet would like it secluded enough to get some down time and total relaxation during my trip.

I’ve looked at Elounda, Sissi and Loutros but feel the travel effort to and from Chania is just too much (I won’t have a car).

Therefore, any recommendations for small villages or towns with easy commute back to Chania that comes with a nice quiet beach with some decent tavernas nearby? And any hotels that has a great view in your recommended area? To give an idea, I was in Naoussa, Paros in September a few years ago and I loved it (the serenity, quietness, non-rowdy tourists, beautiful centre and decent enough beaches nearby). My partner and I like nice restaurants, boutique hotels, spas and authentic places.

7 replies to this topic
Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
16,190 posts
222 reviews
206 helpful votes
1. Re: Help me decide please
Save

Hi there

Have a look at the small resort/village of Almyrida pretty sandy bay lined with tavernas, cafes a few shops for your everyday needs. You could also walk to the village of Plaka if you fancy a change…it’s just a 30 min drive from Chania

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
9,707 posts
551 reviews
313 helpful votes
2. Re: Help me decide please
Save

You’re looking at places way too far away by the other airport.

Stick to the chania region (the western third of Crete).

Take a look at cute Loutro. and near it Hora Sfakion. I liked both.

I’ve also heard great things about Paleochora, but haven’t been.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
20 reviews
17 helpful votes
3. Re: Help me decide please
Save

Thanks for the response. It does look lovely. Do you have any accommodation recommendations?

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
5,184 posts
111 reviews
45 helpful votes
4. Re: Help me decide please
Save

BG31 I'd agree with MG100 that Almyrida would give you a lovely few days. We actually had a villa up the hill in Plaka where there are some lovely local restaurants. Harkopos being our favourite with delicious food at fantastic prices.

We haven't actually stayed in Almyrida Residence but are desperate to do so. This is our experience of some fantastic customer service from them.

" Despite not staying at Almyrida Residence hotel I'd highly recommend it due to their fantastic customer service following our problems getting there due to Covid.

Last year we had a non refundable booking but due to flight cancellations we couldn't get there. We rebooked for June this year and again our flights got cancelled. Subsequent flights from Manchester were booked and the hotel changed our dates. Ryanair then cancelled our flights and we rebooked to fly today. Hotel rebooked us again and yet again flights were cancelled. Hotel were fantastic about it and made an exception that allowed us to carry our reservation over until next summer.

To me, this was customer service above and beyond what anyone could expect and we can't wait to get rebooked next summer.

The reviews for the hotel are fantastic and I'm sure you would enjoy Almyrida with some lovely restaurants 5mins up the hill in Plaka for dinner."

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
41,300 posts
435 reviews
1,870 helpful votes
5. Re: Help me decide please
Save

Have a look at Georgioupolis which is 45 minutes east of Chania as well as Paleochora down on the south coast.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
41,300 posts
435 reviews
1,870 helpful votes
6. Re: Help me decide please
Save

For an idea of Paleochora have a look at https://youtu.be/imUD3BpIRJo

Europe
Level Contributor
725 posts
7 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Help me decide please
Save

The village of Almyrida would be my top pick in the Chania region, it has everything you want and more.

Reply to: Help me decide please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Chania Town
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.