We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy is Lagos?

12 posts
How busy is Lagos?
Save

Hello - I'm thinking of going to Lagos in about a week and I'd be keen to hear how busy (or otherwise) it is currently? I've read some mixed posts on this forum, some saying rather busy still in late August, whilst others saying not too busy.

Many thanks.

3 replies to this topic
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
806 posts
390 reviews
200 helpful votes
1. Re: How busy is Lagos?
Save

We are in Lagos now it's very busy

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
17 reviews
28 helpful votes
2. Re: How busy is Lagos?
Save

Have just returned from 10 days in Lagos and it was busy, not pre pandemic busy, but lots of people having a great time not forgetting Lagos is home to around 30,000 local inhabitants maybe more.

Restaurants busy but never struggled once to get a table.

Great vibe and buzz and the only big difference I noticed was the cancellation of all street entertainment which is understandable for Covid reasons to avoid large crowds gathering in the main centre. I think the authorities are not issuing licences for street entertainment. There is a bar called Gil Eanes in the corner of the main square which had a singer on every evening on a rota system including Wesley Seme of Portugal The Voice fame but they had to stop at 10:30pm under the rules of the license. Ironically this caused crowds to gather around the bar area to listen to the artists!

We felt perfectly safe, wore masks when required and hand sanitizer use at all restaurants/bars made for a great holiday.

United States
Level Contributor
60 posts
28 reviews
7 helpful votes
3. Re: How busy is Lagos?
Save

Just got back from Portugal and was in Lagos in Airbnb 7 min walk away from city center so more quiet. We arrived on a Saturday and left on a Wednesday. The weekend was definitely packed but noticed a sizable difference once people left Sunday. I’m sure as they weeks for by it will be less crowded as schools back in session and people who holiday in height of August now will be passed.

Reply to: How busy is Lagos?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lagos
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.