We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another question about the weather in September

R L
Ryde, England
8 posts
Another question about the weather in September
Save

I returned from a week in Wengen less than 2 weeks ago, and have decided I already want to go again and see even more, as none of the other countries I'd like to visit will let me in.

With that in mind, I'm fully aware the weather in the Wengen/Jungfrau area can't be predicted, but I wanted to ask if there's a reliable source somewhere to check how it's been historically in September, during the 2nd and last week? I wouldn't want to gamble on it and get there for a likely rainy week as the views and hikes in the area are absolute heaven.

2 replies to this topic
Schindellegi...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland, Kyiv (Kiev)
Level Contributor
7,258 posts
36 reviews
12 helpful votes
1. Re: Another question about the weather in September
Save

There are several websites with weather archive data, one is Meteoblue, https://www.meteoblue.com/en/weather/historyclimate/weatherarchive/wengen_switzerland_2658020?fcstlength=15&year=2020&month=9

Also an option now are webcams that often have some archive functions (more or less easy to use), allowing to check how views were a specific day in some recent past. For Jungfrau region check links at https://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/live/webcams/

But that historical or statistical data can not really be used for local weather "forecasts", local weather in mountain areas can simply change to quickly in a relatively wide weather pattern range. I would also check for specific regions, some are better sheltered from main NW weather fronts then others.

Wengen, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
12,643 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Another question about the weather in September
Save

I have now been living in Wengen for about 5 years. My experience is that September is the best month to come here. The weather is usually good, and the big crowds are gone.

There are of course no guarantees. But I had several visitors this year who were worried about the weather ahead of their arrival, but all ended up having a great time. Just be flexible...

Edited: 27 August 2021, 16:31
Reply to: Another question about the weather in September
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bernese Oberland
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.