We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Google maps on iPhone in italy

PALMYRA,PA.
Level Contributor
72 posts
71 reviews
Google maps on iPhone in italy

Does anyone know if google maps can be used in Italy on iPhone ,also what language .I have a international phone,text and data plan that works same as home in US.

5 replies to this topic
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Google maps on iPhone in italy

It worked fine for us but we only used it in major cities like Rome and Venice. When we had our car we used the GPS which was wonderful. Did you know you can also save and download maps and directions to your phone? Check out - erinlyyc.com/2017/…

PALMYRA,PA.
Level Contributor
72 posts
71 reviews
2. Re: Google maps on iPhone in italy

What language were directions?

Australia
Level Contributor
4,554 posts
62 reviews
3. Re: Google maps on iPhone in italy

Google knows who you are, where you come from, unless somehow you have to reenrol in a new place. In any case, having names of places in Italian is more useful than having them in English.

I've become less edgy about google knowing my mother's maiden name since I learned about Palantir

https:/…

In Rome and other places the area to be wandered is not large, and getting lost is important. Otherwise no surprises, no fun.

But you are asking about Rimini, in the Rimini forum?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
219 posts
25 reviews
4. Re: Google maps on iPhone in italy

English. Absolutely no problems at all understanding anything.

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
97 posts
31 reviews
5. Re: Google maps on iPhone in italy

I've used Google maps all over Italy including Sicily and it has been great .. very reliable

Reply to: Google maps on iPhone in italy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rimini