We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Position ferry

toronto
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Position ferry

Hello experts,

My DH and I are planning to go from Sorrento to Positano on our fast approaching vacation, will be there on Friday. IN the past we have done the coast to coast bus, this time we want to do it from the water. I see a ferry leaving at 1030. I think that is what we will do, my question is, what is 5he ferry like? Is there outside areas to stand or sit? We have taken the ferry to Capri and it was only indoor seating and I was hoping for a better view going to Positano. Any other suggestions would be welcome.

4 replies to this topic
toronto
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Position ferry

Sorry my proofreading skills are terrible. I meant Positano ferry.

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
4,612 posts
39 reviews
2. Re: Position ferry

Hi

The last time we got the ferry from Sorrento to Positano we sat outside in the open air on the upper deck. There is no guarantee that this will still be the same. As you know, there is only one morning ferry and it will be very busy.

Eddie

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,847 posts
359 reviews
3. Re: Position ferry

Have travelled to Positano on the ferry a few times, and usually sit outside . Boats are smaller than ferry to Capri. We once returned on what looked like a pirate ship with deckchairs on top deck. Travelling back on that was superb. Arriving at the tiny marina at the foot of the town and looking up at the cliff-hugging buildings is wonderful.

Enjoy your trip. ☀️

toronto
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Position ferry

thanks for your replies. and yes I did notice it is just one ferry at 1030. I will make sure I get there early to assure a ticket. I am sure you are correct it will be very crowded.

Reply to: Position ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted