We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers

leeds yorkshire
Level Contributor
329 posts
9 reviews
Transfers

Anybody used Naples airport transfers or Holiday Taxis please , they seemed to be cheaper than others. We have booked the Capidemonte hotel Sorrento. Thank you

9 replies to this topic
Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
4,698 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Transfers

Hi

First of all, Hotel Capodimonte is fabulous. We've had four private transfers arranged by different hotels in Sorrento and they were all superb even though we do not know which company they were. I've never heard of the two you mention but you can contact the ones below for a quote and the first one is usually the cheapest. It's usually 70 euros for up to 3 people.

http://www.transferelax.com/our-services.html

http://sorrentocars.com/

https://www.guemartravel.com/

Eddie

leeds yorkshire
Level Contributor
329 posts
9 reviews
2. Re: Transfers

Thank you it's our first time in Sorrento the hotel looks brilliant , yes the first one to email me were Guemartravel so thank you again , I will be back with more questions we go 14th April .

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,962 posts
244 reviews
3. Re: Transfers

My preference is Sorrento Cars, very reliable and for a return trip best price. Last Year because of a crash on the motorway that was causing huge delays, for our return to the airport the driver turned up 2 hours early to make sure we caught our flight without being asked because they constantly monitor both the flights and road conditions.

leeds yorkshire
Level Contributor
329 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Transfers

Thank you Sorrento cars have just been in touch with a good price also, oh decisions decisions.

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,859 posts
361 reviews
5. Re: Transfers

You can't go wrong with SorrentoCars....or one of the other companies recommended by Eddie. (Destination Expert)All well reviewed and reliable companies.🚘

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
183 reviews
6. Re: Transfers

Three of us are looking to come out booking independent accommodation and flights. We're finding that nearly all the flights coming out of the UK at the end of September arrive late in the evening.

From this do I gather that private transfers are really the only way to go to get from Naples airport to central Sorrento besides hiring a car? (no thank you in Italy!)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
534 posts
7 reviews
7. Re: Transfers

Looking at the timetable, it looks like the last airport shuttle bus to Sorrento leaves at 19.30. You could get a bus from the airport to the train station and then go downstairs and catch the circumvesuviana train to Sorrento. I have used this train numerous times, but wouldn't want to catch it late at night. For 3 of you including luggage, it shouldn't cost you more than €30 each for a private car. You won't have any worry and will be taken in comfort direct to your accommodation. Depending on your return time, you may be able to take the shuttle back to the airport.

Edited: 07 April 2018, 23:31
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,859 posts
361 reviews
8. Re: Transfers

I would definitely book a private driver -SorrentoCars, Transferelax and GuemarTravel are worth emailing for quotes. You'll be met at the airport and driven straight to your accommodation. Taxis is Sorrento are very expensive charging €20 for the shortest of trips. Hiring a car? NO! 😱

Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,962 posts
244 reviews
9. Re: Transfers

You get Edinburgh flights into the UK leaving in the morning.

Reply to: Transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sorrento