We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ONE week to go...

scotland
Level Contributor
4,302 posts
143 reviews
ONE week to go...

so excited..Thank you for all your info, especially Eddie. Please advise how a woman can cope with 15 Kg luggage..Husband has no issue with this. I am driving myself crazy with it LOL. Longing to be back , so much info( was not here 20 years ago)..and lovely restaurant reviews. Hope to be back to review.

22 replies to this topic
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
359 reviews
1. Re: ONE week to go...

That is a small amount of luggage but at this time of year you can wear lots of layers to travel on the plane. I think people 'dress down' more at this time of year. The locals will be in winter wear with lots of woollies, puffa jackets, scarves and leather boots .Days could be cool and evenings chilly. I always pack a pashmina that I find extremely useful. A small, folding brolly is handy. Many visitors wear good walking shoes that are comfortable when walking on cobbled lanes. A colourful scarf will brighten up sweaters /cardigans.Toiletries are inexpensive in the supermarket on Corso Italia . If I find I'm getting near my limit I sometimes buy travel sized toiletries from 'Boots' after I've passed through customs! I have been stung for going overweight so I'm very careful. I pack all things electrical in my husband 's suitcase! Hope you have a great time. I'll look forward to reading your reviews.😊☀️🌟🍷

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40,470 posts
660 reviews
2. Re: ONE week to go...

Make sure the luggage has wheels otherwise it will be tough to carry.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,302 posts
143 reviews
3. Re: ONE week to go...

YES cases have wheels LOL..and Thanks Se . The last few holidays we had 20/22kg for 2 weeks..This is a different holiday..I am old fashioned.I love to be smart at dinner. got plenty "day" practical stuff,and yes, pashminas too.

north east england
Level Contributor
504 posts
149 reviews
4. Re: ONE week to go...

Have a great time Heblady..I will be picking your brains when you come back.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: ONE week to go...

Who are you flying with? Some airlines will allow you to pay to increase your allowance before travel to avoid the risk of excess baggage charges. Check with your airline. There are several laundromats in Sorrento. For evening time, as you will probably only be wearing things for a few hours, perhaps take mix and match items that you can interchange to give a different look.

scotland
Level Contributor
4,302 posts
143 reviews
6. Re: ONE week to go...

with Tui and I am sure it will be fine..Thanks all..An age thing I think, feel I have to dress up at dinner. Thank you Polly..excited much

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,853 posts
359 reviews
7. Re: ONE week to go...

I too love to dress up for dinner and keep outfits smart, simple and as lightweight as possible and dress them up with some pieces of jewellery or scarves. Hopefully, you'll have hand luggage allowance too. Good luck! 🍀We recently flew with Tui and were allowed 5kg hand luggage. Toiletries I bought in the airport and perfume on the plane -easy! 😎

Edited: 17 March 2018, 19:14
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
517 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: ONE week to go...

Have a wonderful holiday. I was there the last week in March last year and it was ideal weather for exploring. Another 4 weeks for me until in Sorrento again!

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
4,620 posts
39 reviews
9. Re: ONE week to go...

Hi

Enjoy every minute of your holiday, Heblady. Hope to see you back on these forums giving advice and I also look forward to reading your reviews. Don't buy too many clothes in Sorrento:-)

Same with gooner932017, have another great holiday.

Eddie

yorkshire
Level Contributor
41 posts
16 reviews
10. Re: ONE week to go...

One week to go for me too I'm really excited too as never travelled to Italy before......

Reply to: ONE week to go...
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sorrento