We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Mateo 2021 Happening?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
10 posts
18 reviews
5 helpful votes
San Mateo 2021 Happening?
Save

Hi - we are planning a trip to the area and I was wondering if the festival was happening this fall. I checked on the city's website and I couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks!

1 reply
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
703 posts
1. Re: San Mateo 2021 Happening?
Save

I've been following this issue for a while, as we originally planned to attend and have attended in the past (great fun!), so kept reading on larioja.com about the plans. We've decided not to attend this year given the unknowns.

This is what I know only from larioja.com recent reports--

It will be held in a very scaled down, totally atypical fashion, says larioja.com in the past week--no opening firing of the rocket, no evening fireworks, no parades, no communal baby lamb chop grilling feast, the Peñas (clubs that promote the festival) won't have their usual activities, won't participate as usual, there will be no regional casitas (tents), but there will be 4 bullfights, already announced. But all this may change.

I think they're still trying to figure it out, what's possible and what's not, given these very uncertain times.

Reply to: San Mateo 2021 Happening?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Logrono
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.