We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
127 posts
234 reviews
168 helpful votes
Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen
Save

Me and three other persons ´d like to visit Frankfurt KaiserDom / Hauptwatch / Sachsenhausen. I´m going to park near the hotel (ibis zentrum) and take the u-bahn to altstadt. I think that Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen is the best and cheapest way, but i wasn ´t able to find detailed informations how to buy it.

Can someone give me english instructions how to buy a Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen on Frankfurt HBF ticket machines? Is it necessary to validate it before get the u-bahn? Do I have to write down the names of the persons?

Thanks in advance

Frankfurt
Level Contributor
6,719 posts
36 reviews
60 helpful votes
1. Re: Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen
Save

The ticket machines switch into English at all of the stations, so you don't have to go all the way to the Hauptbahnhof to get a ticket. You do not have to validate the tickets in Frankfurt, nor write a name on it.

An all day ticket for 2-5 people, for just the Frankfurt area (not the airport) costs 9.50 €. You will need change, or small bills, like a 10 € bill or two 5's.

You can use this on all forms of transportation in the city. Just keep it in your wallet and you only need to show it if a controller comes around on your tram or train.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
127 posts
234 reviews
168 helpful votes
2. Re: Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen
Save

Thanks but i ´d like to know what button do i have to press?

I ´ve found a site ( http://www.vgf-ffm.de/en/tickets-and-timetables/tickets/all-day-and-group-tickets/) that advice (for Frankfurt select the “Gruppentageskarte inkl. Flughafen” quick-selection button)

Is this really the correct option?

Frankfurt
Level Contributor
6,719 posts
36 reviews
60 helpful votes
3. Re: Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen
Save

Like I said in my post, the machine itself switches into English. Just push the button that says group day ticket. If a different price comes up besides 9.50, you will know you have pushed the wrong button. Don't make this more difficult than it really is. You don't need to do anything else, but push that one button.

You aren't going to the airport, so you don't need to buy a ticket that includes the airport (Flughafen)

http://www.rmv.de/en/Fahrkarten/Fahrkarten_kaufen/39708/RMV-Fahrkartenautomaten.html

Edited: 9 years ago
Germany
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
44,595 posts
4. Re: Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen
Save

Have you also found this leaflet.

http://www.vgf-ffm.de/fileadmin/data_archive/Downloads/Der_Fahrkartenautomat_englisch_1207.pdf

If you run into such a ticket machine click on the blue fast select button "Gruppentageskarte Frankfurt".

"Gruppentageskarte inkl. Flughafen" means group day ticket incl. airport. You don't need the airport zone however.

At the Hauptbahnhof you will find the more modern hybrid ticket machines (see link in #3) which sell RMV and DB tickets. Here the ticket buying process is all by touch screen.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
127 posts
234 reviews
168 helpful votes
5. Re: Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen
Save

Thank you very much. I´ll follow your instructions

6. Re: Gruppentageskarte 5 Personen

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Frankfurt
© 2022 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.