We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
where to stay

i gave an option to stay in 1 shoot up hill kilburn Nw2 3UQ

or a few minutes awsy from north eeling tube station on picadilly line. with similar rates. which is better to start from to explore london touristic sites

11 replies to this topic
Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,402 posts
54 reviews
1. Re: where to stay

Neither are that good but if you are arriving at Heathrow airport then North Ealing (note spelling) is slightly easier to reach.

It's also worth pointing out that neither are in areas that tourists would generally stay so I assuming these are rental properties? If so then please post links so we can comment on legality.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: where to stay

i am arriving.at gatwick. these are airbnb they are a bit far but the price is so much cheaper for 4 nights than anything closer and they are both near bus or tube stations

London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,624 posts
52 reviews
3. Re: where to stay

Are you sure they are legitimate?

If you post links to both properties you will quickly get informed opinions.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: where to stay

https://abnb.me/L45Bzo7jsQ

this is the one in kilburn

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
32,471 posts
5. Re: where to stay

I'd stay a little more central if I were you.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: where to stay

can u advise areas which are more reasonable than central london?

anyway we are checking in gatwick and leaving from stansted

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,402 posts
54 reviews
7. Re: where to stay

I see the reviews include two that state the host cancelled at short notice which would put me off.

I do think you need to reconsider your visit. If all you can afford is a small room in a tint flat then I don't see how you will a) enjoy yourselves or b) be able to afford to eat and drink in an expensive city like London.

If you can please up your budget and look to stay in zone one which is basically inside the Circle (yellow) tube line or along the south bank.

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
27 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: where to stay

dear adam.the reason i am considering a low budget residence is that i want to dpend more on food museums AND musicals

Edited: 24 September 2018, 16:22
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
828 posts
9. Re: where to stay

Or you could stay in a Premier Inn or perhaps a B & B in Waltham Forest or Tottenham. Maybe there are affordable Air BnBs in those areas just outside the circle line. Both Walthamstow snd Tottenham have buses that take you into the parts of Central London from where you can walk to a lot of places.

From Tottenham there are buses that go to Waterloo (243 & 76) and London Bridge (149).

From Walthamstow Central the 48 bus goes to London Bridge.

From the Baker's Arms you can catch a bus to Oxford Circus and I think the 55 to St. Bart's Hospital. In all these cases it only takes about an hour to get into Central London.

Yes, London can be expensive but you can still find cheap places to eat out at if you are prepared to do the research before you get here (or you are willing to read the menu prices before you enter the restaurant). Also if your staying outside the circle line the cost in restaurants tends to go down. You still have to pay attention of course as there are still expensive eateries in these areas.

There are quite a lot of free tourist sites in Central London

(the museums to start with)

Both the areas I mentioned earlier have sights to visit which are mostly free too. Waltham Forest (which includes Chingford, Leytonstone, Leyton, and Walthamstow) has the Vestry Museum and William Morris Gallery (both Walthamstow), The Queen Elizabeth Hunting Lodge (Chingford), Bruce Grove Museum (Tottenham).

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
376 reviews
10. Re: where to stay

You won’t be spending much on museums unless you visit the special exhibits. Many are free.

Reply to: where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted