We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

balm beach

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
balm beach

My husband and I are looking at cottages in the midland area. There is one in balm beach that looks interesting but I have never heard of this beach. Vwe have a 3 mo old and 2.5 yr old. Is this a good beach for families or a beach for teens and 20 somethings? We tend to go to bed early these days and would like to be in a quieter area.

6 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,220 posts
800 reviews
1. Re: balm beach

What is your other option?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
2. Re: balm beach

Not a lot of options as we are looking at next Thursday to Sunday. Most cottages are booked up. There was one other cottage available in the kincardine area.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,488 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: balm beach

My recollection of Balm Beach is that it was a very family friendly beach, without the brouhah of Wasaga. If you google Balm Beach, some great photos come up ... all of which seem to bear that recollection out. However as a long time cottager in the Muskoka region, I found the "streets" of cottages a bit strange ... not that there's anything wrong with that - there are public access points to the beach - it just seemed different to me. You might want to confirm if the cottage is beachfront or a back lot property ... if that's going to be deal breaker for you.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,488 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: balm beach

The beach at Kincardine is lovely ... and considerably longer than that of Balm.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
48 posts
5. Re: balm beach

Sorry, the other option is Bay field. South of Kincardine, north of grand bend

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
83,311 posts
103 reviews
6. Re: balm beach

Hi kerina4321;

Respectfully - book now or you may loose out on both properties !

Best Regards

Reply to: balm beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Midland
Recent Conversations