We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where for 4 moms and 2 teenage girls (17-18)?

Nevada
Level Contributor
31 posts
Where for 4 moms and 2 teenage girls (17-18)?

We are looking to take a pretty last minute trip to Mexico July 9th-16th. 4 moms and 2 teenage girls (ages 17 and 18).

We had gotten recommendations for Sayulita which we were excited about, but we have since learned that there is a sewage treatment issue there resulting in lots of sicknesses.

Because we thought we were going to Sayulita, we planned on flying into Puerto Vallarta so are now considering other locations in that area (but are open to elsewhere too). We'd prefer to be in a smaller town versus a larger city but still have access to amenities.

Safety is a concern. The girls would like to be able to walk to a few stores and activities (water activities, the beach, etc.) on their own and the moms obviously want to feel confident that they are safe. We'd like to take some excursions together ... possibly a tour, zip-lining, paddle boarding, UTVs ... as well as visit a few restaurants or bars.

Looking at AirBnBs since one of the moms has her heart set on a private pool and we didn't think condos/resorts offered private pools.

Where should we be looking? In my two days of research, it is seeming like Nuevo Vallarta and Bucerias might be good options. Hoping those with more knowledge and experience can chime in and offer suggestions.

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
19,412 posts
34 reviews
26 helpful votes
1. Re: Where for 4 moms and 2 teenage girls (17-18)?

Look at San Pancho, just north of Sayulita. Very safe for the girls to walk alone, but still lots of shopping and dining.

Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Where for 4 moms and 2 teenage girls (17-18)?

Just make sure your girls don't talk to to strangers. Most Mexicans keep a close watch on their young people.

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Where for 4 moms and 2 teenage girls (17-18)?

I have not been to San Pancho in the summer, but when we were there in February and November the waves were huge and I didn’t feel safe swimming in the ocean. If that isn’t a priority, I think San Pancho is a great area. I love Bucerias and think it would also be a fun spot for everyone.

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Where for 4 moms and 2 teenage girls (17-18)?

This place in Bucerias might be too large for your group, but we rented it with 3 other couples when one of them were renewing their wedding vows. It’s very private and a great swimming pool. We loved it. Feel free to private message me with any questions.

http://Www.buceriaschicvillas.com

Nevada
Level Contributor
31 posts
5. Re: Where for 4 moms and 2 teenage girls (17-18)?

neen82 ... I private messaged you.

Bend, OR
Level Contributor
555 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Where for 4 moms and 2 teenage girls (17-18)?

I sent you a message

Reply to: Where for 4 moms and 2 teenage girls (17-18)?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of in . If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.