We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Onward journey from Montreal airport

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
2 reviews
Onward journey from Montreal airport

Our holiday is getting very close so I thought I'd check our options from the airport. We are staying about 10 minutes' walk north from Sherbrooke Metro stop on St Denis Street. It looks as though our easiest/cheapest/quickest option is to get what Google Maps calls Service aeroport Trudeau, which I assume is a bus, direct to the Montreal Bus Terminal and walk 9 minutes from there.

Unfortunately when I click through to the website it won't accept Montreal Airport - Montreal Centre Ville (which I assume is the Bus Terminal) as a valid journey so I can't see where to pick up the bus or how much the tickets are. Can anyone help please?

11 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
25,852 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Onward journey from Montreal airport

You want the 747 Express bus.

https:/…Arriving.And.Departing.html

www.stm.info/en/info/networks/bus/shuttle

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Onward journey from Montreal airport

Here is the full link directly to the 747 bus: stm.info/en/info/networks/bus/shuttle/747-ae…

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,578 posts
163 reviews
3. Re: Onward journey from Montreal airport

be sure to take the 747 route that goes downtown (and not to Lionel-Groulx metro station)

Montreal, Quebec...
Level Contributor
385 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Onward journey from Montreal airport

I don’t agree with Inna’s suggestion: I think it would be easier and faster to get off the bus at Lionel-Groulx metro station, then take the orange line to Sherbrooke metro station. You’ll save a good 15-20 minutes compared to if you stayed on the bus until the end of the line.

Your 747 ticket is also valid on the métro, so it will not cost you more vs the bus-only option.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Onward journey from Montreal airport

Thanks for all the replies. I had been so pleased to find the Orleans Express route on Google Maps as it looked so easy. It's a bit of a disappointment to hear it's not an option and I'm surprised that GM shows it . I think that if we have to change from bus to metro with all our luggage we may just take a tax from the airport instead.

I checked the post at the top right of this page which says that there is a fixed-rate of $40 from the airport to downtown but it was written in 2012 so I assumed that it would be a lot more now but a bit of Googling tells me that it's now $41 which seems amazing. Is my destination considered within the downtown area please?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
62 reviews
6. Re: Onward journey from Montreal airport

You don't mention your exact location in Montreal but from what you write you are in fact considered to be downtown and the fixed rate is $41. Please note that this does not include the tip.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,578 posts
163 reviews
7. Re: Onward journey from Montreal airport

you don't need to change from bus to metro, the 747 route going downtown goes to Bus Terminal (Gare d'autocars), if the walk from there isn't too long then it may be a suitable option

The advantage is in that the day ticket for 747 is valid 24 hours on public transit - on both buses and metro.

And suggestion to take the route to metro Lionel-Groulx and transfer onto metro to Sherbrooke station (that's near your lodging) was to cut travel time, but involves transferring and carrying luggage on metro - so depends on how manageable is your luggage.

Surrey, United...
Level Contributor
528 posts
2 reviews
8. Re: Onward journey from Montreal airport

Thank you both. We will have a fair amount of luggage (4 adults for 16 days) hence the reluctance to change en route. I think we'll probably end up wandering around our neighbourhood that afternoon/evening so wouldn't need the ticket again that day (tomorrow!). As we are there for the 3 full days of Friday, Saturday and Sunday I was planning to buy us each a 3-day Metro ticket to cover our stay and then take a taxi to the train station on Monday.

I should probably get some packing done........

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
13,112 posts
34 reviews
9. Re: Onward journey from Montreal airport

For four adults I would take a taxi. It will cost slightly more than the 747 bus, but you will get door to door service.

As to the packing, lay it all out on the bed, then put half of it back in the wardrobe. Usually that is enough.. Ha!!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,578 posts
163 reviews
10. Re: Onward journey from Montreal airport

3-day passes are also accepted on the 747 shuttle

Reply to: Onward journey from Montreal airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montreal