We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday: Watch Pride parade and maybe check out tam tams?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Sunday: Watch Pride parade and maybe check out tam tams?

This is what I know about the Montreal Pride parade: route is on Rene-Levesque from Metcalfe Street to Alexandre-DeSève Street. Begins at 1pm and should last two to three hours.

We first arrive at our Montreal AIRBNB, adjacent to St Louis Square, Sunday around 1pm. If we walk over to Rene-Levesque (so through the Quartier des Spectacles area), would that that be a good place to watch the parade? Too late? Too crowded? A better option elsewhere on Rene-Levesque?

In Chicago, we wouldn’t get close enough to see the parade at that arrival time, so I’d benefit from any local experience/advice.

Also, if possible, we’d like to check out the tam tam drum circles in Mount Royal Park. Anybody know how late in the afternoon that usually lasts?

Thank you!

4 replies to this topic
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
62 reviews
1. Re: Sunday: Watch Pride parade and maybe check out tam tams?

It will be crowded, however, at Place des Festivals there are many steps and levels that you can get up on and so get a really good vantage point.

The tamtams usually end around 8pm so yes you would have time to go, you can either walk (approximately 30 minutes) or take bus #1 from St-Laurent boulevard and it will also take you approximately 30 minutes.

Here is a picture of Place des Arts (where Place des Festivals is) which may clear up what I mean by many steps and levels: https://tinyurl.com/ybdljfk8

Hope this helps !

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Sunday: Watch Pride parade and maybe check out tam tams?

I made a mistake, I thought the parade was on Ste. Catherine Street but it is in fact on René-Lévesque Boulevard so Place des Festivals is not an option (that's on Ste. Catherine). On René Lévesque there are only sidewalks and very little elevated area. Hopefully you will still get a good look at the parade.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: Sunday: Watch Pride parade and maybe check out tam tams?

Thank you so much for your answers - and correction. We’ll just walk over when we arrive today and assume good luck!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris, Montreal
Level Contributor
19,565 posts
163 reviews
4. Re: Sunday: Watch Pride parade and maybe check out tam tams?

bus #1? where does that bus run?

the 80 (route towards north starts at Place-des-Arts metro at Jeanne-Mance exit - the stop is on Président-Kennedy avenue near Jeanne-Mance street), or the 129 bus will get you to Tam-tams from downtown. Get off at Sir George-Étienne Cartier monument.

Edited: 19 August 2018, 21:24
Reply to: Sunday: Watch Pride parade and maybe check out tam tams?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Montreal