We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for GBP to CAD

Bangor, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
Recommendation for GBP to CAD
Save

Good evening,

I am heading over to Vancouver on Saturday.

I understand the rates has not been good lately.

Would you recommend doing the exchange in Britain, or wait til I am over in BC?

Many thanks,

Eugene

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,278 posts
58 reviews
99 helpful votes
1. Re: Recommendation for GBP to CAD
Save

Hi ~

I recommend that you find the first bank ATM at the airport that will accept your card (same logo on the back as on the ATM machine). It will give you the best rate for your bank card. Don't use your credit card to withdraw money at an ATM, use it for purchases.

Take out enough money to hold you. There will be a transaction fee for every withdrawal, so avoid taking money in small amounts. As well, have about $100 in your pocket when you land, get that in Britain. Discuss all fees with your bank. And ask your credit card provider about their charges and fees as well.

Ask your bank which Canadian banks are in their network, i.e. have the same logo as is on the back of your bank debit card and aim for those ATMs.

2. Re: Recommendation for GBP to CAD

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2017, 13:17
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.