We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help for best driving rout from Charlottetown to Vancou

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
need help for best driving rout from Charlottetown to Vancou
Save

Hello,

I need some guidelines about which routs the most convenient rout to Vancouver from PEI.

Thank you

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
1. Re: need help for best driving rout from Charlottetown to Vancou
Save

You may want to try the Trans Canada Highway.... Warning:. ..Do not attempt by boat through the Northwest Passage... very dangerous.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,881 posts
539 reviews
523 helpful votes
2. Re: need help for best driving rout from Charlottetown to Vancou
Save

Try the RoadTrip Forum where lots of volunteers have experience on longer trips like this.

Simpleton like me, I would have thought you got onto Highway 1 and stopped at the next ocean.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i12567-Road_Trips.html

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
39,573 posts
60 reviews
46 helpful votes
3. Re: need help for best driving rout from Charlottetown to Vancou
Save

Actually, I think most people cut into the US. Its shorter.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
16,759 posts
152 reviews
133 helpful votes
4. Re: need help for best driving rout from Charlottetown to Vancou
Save

It is not only shorter through the US but you skip an endless stretch of well endlessness. Head for the Soo( Sault Ste Marie) swing around the lake to Duluth then either up to Winnipeg and the Trans Canada or across North Dakota and Montana with a stop in Glacier National park. From here head north to Creston and route 3 through the Kootenays for some more scenery.. or keep heading west to Spokane then decide if you want to head into BC or go through to Seattle and then north.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
28,620 posts
27 reviews
11 helpful votes
5. Re: need help for best driving rout from Charlottetown to Vancou
Save

HI

for those interested, I posted my preferred route to the OP on the Charlottetown forum since I follow the Canada forum. The Trans Canada is mostly correct until you get to Medicine then you have many choices to get to Vancouver. On the US side you have way too many routes you can take so to create a best scenario it get difficult since you have to make choices on what City you want to see or avoid.

Having crossed the continent more than once and used both US and Canadian routes, all I have to say is that you need to do the Canadian route at least once to appreciate how big Canada really is. Unless you have been to Wawa and seen the giant goose you are missing a truly Canadian experience (-: and having heard of the legend of the fair maiden that married a hitchhiker that has been stranded for 40 days and 40 nites on the highway outside Wawa it just had to be done. So now it is off the bucket list . LOL

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: need help for best driving rout from Charlottetown to Vancou
Save

Useing a trip calculator the distance is virtually the same for both countries. A few kilometers difference and a half hour of time. All depends on what you want to see and how much you want to spend on gas.

7. Re: need help for best driving rout from Charlottetown to Vancou

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 12:18
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.