We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Vancouver hotel downtown?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

Hey everyone. We can't decide between these 3 options:

The Loden Hotel - Park Vista Room

Fairmont Pacific Rim - Basic City View Room

Fairmont Waterfront - Signature Harbor/Stanley Park View

All prices the same. Any one have thoughts/recommendations? Looking to dine at nice places. We like walking into Stanley Park. We stayed at the Marriott Pinnacle last time and loved the location, but don't want to stay there again.

Thanks in advance.

13 replies to this topic
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
9,847 posts
24 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

So is this for a pre-cruise trip in 2022?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

Yes, that's the plan.

2-night stay before a cruise next summer.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,436 posts
58 reviews
99 helpful votes
3. Re: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

My vote would go to the Loden for their understated quality and top notch service. I don't know if they mean Harbour Green Park or Stanley Park or both. Either way, it's a win.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

Thanks. I was leaning that way. We like the Fairmont brand generally, but the fantastic reviews for the Loden caught my attention.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Senior Travel
Level Contributor
23,006 posts
120 reviews
245 helpful votes
5. Re: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

Across from the Pinnacle is the Rennaissance with much larger rooms and great views. If you like the area this may be another choice for you.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
39,677 posts
60 reviews
46 helpful votes
6. Re: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

Pacific Rim is my favourite lobby.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
16,783 posts
152 reviews
133 helpful votes
7. Re: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

Pacific Rim would be my choice. The majority of the recent Loden reviews are written by people who have joined Trip Advisor simply to write a review of the Loden. Period. They have no other contributions. You have no other hotel reviews by them to compare what standard they usually accept.

Older reviews of the Loden ( pre COVID) mention good service but they also discuss failings like worn furnishings, poor pillows and mattresses, noise etc.

It appears the Loden is doing an excellent job of serving people during these trying times but they are also doing a stellar job of getting people to write reviews in conjunction with the hotel.

As someone who reads a lot of reviews before booking a hotel I automatically discount any review by a 1 time poster. Just my take on this. In prior times the Loden would be a solid choice but not comparable to the Fairmont Pacific Rim or the Waterfront.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

Pacific Rim has been dubbed best Vancouver hotel on a few occasions. Given the room choices listed the Waterfront would be a suitable substitute. I’ve stayed there and had no complaints.

North Vancouver...
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
12,022 posts
201 reviews
424 helpful votes
9. Re: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

Dollar for dollar, Pac Rim by a light year.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
10. Re: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Save

Thanks all. We're going to go with the Pacific Rim. We don't spend a ton of time in our rooms, and it sounds like the basic room in the Pacific Rim is worth it for the actual hotel.

Reply to: Best Vancouver hotel downtown?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vancouver
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.