We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori

Montreal
Level Contributor
92 posts
12 reviews
2 helpful votes
What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

Good day,

I will be arriving from Montreal on June 18th at 22h30 with tired kids (for us it will be 1h30 am). We want to stay near the airport to recuperate a car in the morning and then drive to the Ferry for victoria. what would you recommend. ? My husband is quite the cozy one...but given its only 1 iht, cleanliness and proximity would be optimal ! thanks

19 replies to this topic
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
31,497 posts
115 reviews
79 helpful votes
1. Re: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

The Fairmont, right at the airport!

https://www.fairmont.com/vancouver-airport-richmond/?goto=fiche_hotel&code_hotel=A586&merchantid=seo-maps-CA-A586&sourceid=aw-cen&utm_medium=seo+maps&utm_source=google+Maps&utm_campaign=seo+maps&y_source=1_MTIzNjE0MDEtNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLmdvb2dsZV93ZWJzaXRlX292ZXJyaWRl

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
31,497 posts
115 reviews
79 helpful votes
2. Re: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

https://www.fairmont.com/vancouver-airport-richmond/?goto=fiche_hotel&code_hotel=A586&merchantid=seo-maps-CA-A586&sourceid=aw-cen&utm_medium=seo+maps&utm_source=google+Maps&utm_campaign=seo+maps&y_source=1_MTIzNjE0MDEtNzE1LWxvY2F0aW9uLmdvb2dsZV93ZWJzaXRlX292ZXJyaWRl

Okay.... just google it! I don't know why it won't work!

Edited: 10 April 2021, 23:47
Coombs
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
311 reviews
137 helpful votes
3. Re: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

Any of the airport hotels would be fine for one night. They have free airport transfers and then the next morning you could transfer back to the airport to pick up your rental car . I have stayed at Days Inn, Holiday Inn, travellodge and others. Booking.com has lots to offer just check the reviews You want Richmond, not Vancouver because then you are also closer to the ferry to Victoria

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
34,364 posts
16 reviews
25 helpful votes
4. Re: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

https://www.fairmont.com/vancouver-airport-richmond/

Or yes - any airport hotel will do. Google map of hotels in airport area:

https://goo.gl/maps/uKZaDWzBqW6gsiz7A

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
28,755 posts
27 reviews
11 helpful votes
5. Re: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

Why not get the car the night you arrive that way there is no hassle getting a car in the morning. Then you can drive to a much wider variety of hotels.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
6. Re: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

Drive where exactly? At that hour get an airport hotel, get some sleep and get up and move on in the morning.

Of course the Fairmont is nice, but there are as noted other more budget friendly choices for families just looking to crash for a short night.

Montreal
Level Contributor
92 posts
12 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

cbaarch, because most of them are closed at 23h00 !

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
5,268 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

cbaarch, I think the answer lies in "I will be arriving from Montreal on June 18th at 22h30 with tired kids (for us it will be 1h30 am)"

Montreal
Level Contributor
92 posts
12 reviews
2 helpful votes
9. Re: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

would you guys be 'scared' since the Farimount is a designted hotel for Quarantine ?

Newmarket, Canada
Level Contributor
5,144 posts
58 reviews
48 helpful votes
10. Re: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Save

No, I would not be scared. You're not going to get sick, just because there are others in the same building completing a quarantine. Besides, those quarantining passengers have all been tested for COVID multiple times, unlike the other people you will come across when out in the community.

Edited: 11 April 2021, 01:05
Reply to: What hotel u recommend for a layover between Van and Victori
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Vancouver
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.