Apologise for the long post just hope I'm getting all my information in for you guys!
I am starting to plan a trip for July 2022 with myself, husband (both 30's) our will be 1 year old, my mum and my husbands parents (60's but extremely fit and active)
My husband and I went to the Rockies on our honeymoon in 2018 and are really excited to be able to take our parents and show them around. Last time we stayed in Banff and Jasper and came from a week in Toronto. This trip we would like to do Bannf, Jasper and Vancouver.
We all love hiking, photography, food, activities, scenery, cycling etc.. Not really into museums or galleries prefer to be outdoors.
We will be flying in from the UK and plan to spend 19 nights this is roughly my thought process....
15th July - Take the day to drive ice fields parkway to Jasper stay 6 nights
21st July - Start the drive to Vancouver (Best route suggestion?)
21st July Stay somewhere in between Jasper and Vancouver (any suggestions?)
22nd July - Arrive in Vancouver in the afternoon. We have 6 nights to stay before flying out of Vancouver back to the UK.
28th July - Drop off rental car and fly Vancouver to UK.
I have a few questions which I'm hoping for some direction and advice....
1. Which is the best way round to visit these places should we fly into Calgary then drive on to Banff- Jasper and then drive to Vancouver with a nights stop in between and if so where is suggested to stay overnight? Or should we go backwards and fly to Vancouver first? Or is there any other suggestions?
2. I've never been to Vancouver before and tried to look at best places to go but can't quite figure out a plan. What would be the best way to split our time here?
3. I've seen a lot of talk of going to Vancouver island, Victoria and Whistler but when looking I couldn't really see the main draw of going to Victoria or Vancouver Island am I missing something here? Whistler seems more appealing. Is my time better spent doing maybe 3 days Vancouver 3 days Whistler? or is there an itinerary that could be suggested I can look into?
4. We would like to fit in whale watching, where is this best done from?
5. Is there any suggestions of best areas or places to stay whilst in Vancouver?
6. Is there any best places to stay whilst in Whistler?
I think that's all I can think of for now. Any kind of help would be really appreciated as I know things book up super quick so want to get booking as soon as dates become available.
Thanks in advance :)