We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barclay Hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
258 posts
18 reviews
41 helpful votes
Barclay Hotel
Save

Hi, we are looking at booking the Barclay hotel for 1 night next May pre Cruise. I am wondering if anyone has stayed in a Standard Double Room & does it have a private bathroom. Different booking sites have conflicting information. I cannot find an email address for the hotel to ask them directly.

Thanks

Best value hotels in Vancouver
L'Hermitage Hotel
L'Hermitage Hotel
#2 of 88 hotels in Vancouver
Loden Hotel
Loden Hotel
#1 of 88 hotels in Vancouver
Times Square Suites Hotel
Times Square Suites Hotel
#6 of 88 hotels in Vancouver
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
5,180 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Barclay Hotel
Save

I just phoned and yes, all rooms have private bathrooms. I'll let the others comment on the rest.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
16,745 posts
152 reviews
133 helpful votes
2. Re: Barclay Hotel
Save

Their email contact is right on their web page at the bottom. Simply click on contact and up it pops.

http://barclay-hotel.vancouver-hotels-bc.com/en/#contact

It's a basic 2 star hotel with no elevator in a very good lacing in the West End. Reviews are mixed with the latest being 1 star and the one just previous being 4 star.

I haven't stayed there (and being a local I wouldn't for a staycation) but for a 1 night precruise budget hotel it is perfectly fine. I have recommended it in the past to people looking for a smaller budget hotel.

I would contact them directly if you have specific requirements, especially in regards to being on a lower floor to deal with luggage.

It isn't particularly close to Canada Line in form the airport but cabs are zoned fare from YVR so a cab would get you there for $32 plus tip.

Edited: 1 year ago
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
258 posts
18 reviews
41 helpful votes
3. Re: Barclay Hotel
Save

Thanks all for your comments.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
258 posts
18 reviews
41 helpful votes
4. Re: Barclay Hotel
Save

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to call them, it is much appreciated.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,349 posts
21 reviews
43 helpful votes
5. Re: Barclay Hotel
Save

It sounds like the staff is helpful and the location is good but from what I’ve read the reviews aren’t that great. You could probably do better. Check this place out. I live in the west end and it looks pretty good.

https://www.910beach.com/

Coombs
Level Contributor
1,251 posts
311 reviews
137 helpful votes
6. Re: Barclay Hotel
Save

i have stayed there. It is just fine for one night. We had a very small room but clean and private bathroom.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
27,115 posts
123 reviews
185 helpful votes
7. Re: Barclay Hotel
Save

Walker E, according to their website, 910 Beach is "transitioning" from serving tourists to longer stays, with a 30-night minimum.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,241 posts
58 reviews
98 helpful votes
8. Re: Barclay Hotel
Save

Aaah, they've been stung by the Short Term Rental bylaws which they are now violating.

Aussie ~ Have a look at the YWCA Hotel. It's on the other end of downtown Vancouvr, with access to many bus routes and Canada Line (600 metres away from Vancouver City Centre Station. Look for a double bed with a private bathroom. Very popular, sells out, good rep, reasonable rates, good location.

https://ywcavan.org/hotel

9. Re: Barclay Hotel

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2020, 13:41
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.