We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel

Level Contributor
160 posts
Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

I've read reviews of each, but am still unsure.

We will have 3 nights prior to our Alaskan cruise.

Rooms at Exchange seem much smaller, Sheraton is more convention style, Pinnacle has the waterfront location.

Which one would you choose for location and amenities?

Best value hotels in Vancouver
L'Hermitage Hotel
L'Hermitage Hotel
#2 of 88 hotels in Vancouver
Loden Hotel
Loden Hotel
#1 of 88 hotels in Vancouver
Times Square Suites Hotel
Times Square Suites Hotel
#6 of 88 hotels in Vancouver
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
16,745 posts
152 reviews
133 helpful votes
1. Re: Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

Pinnacle. Simply because I like the location better than Sheraton. Sheraton is very central but imo lacks any real character or ambiance. It really is a “ convention hotel”.

Pinnacle is closer to seawall and Stanley Park.

.Haven’t yet had a chance to checkout the Exchange.

Have you priced Sutton? Not too far from Sheraton but much nicer feel. Better rates if you join their loyalty program ( free)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,497 posts
454 reviews
405 helpful votes
2. Re: Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

Exchange Hotel is a brand new hotel, in a very nondescript building on a nondescript downtown street. It is two blocks from the cruise terminal. Directly in front of a bus stop that will take you to Stanley Park. I think there are better choices.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,310 posts
2 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

In fairness the EXchange has rates that make it worthwhile to many people staying in such a nondescript location-of course how long that will last remains to be seen.

Level Contributor
160 posts
4. Re: Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

Pinnacle sounds like the best choice. For my purpose, I want to feel like I’m on vacation and not on a business trip.

North Vancouver...
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
12,015 posts
201 reviews
423 helpful votes
5. Re: Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

Non-descript location? It's about dead centre downtown. Pinnacle, a 5 minute walk away is splashier, but nothing wrong with Exchange, particularly location. See both on YouTube and leave Sheraton for the business crowd.

Gibsons, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,607 posts
32 reviews
93 helpful votes
6. Re: Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

If you want to feel like you're on vacation and not on a business trip, consider the Westin Bayshore, the Opus Hotel, the Times Square Suites or the Sylvia Hotel. All your choices, even the Pinnacle, are surrounded by office towers. However, downtown Vancouver is tiny so even if you do feel your immediate surroundings are more "office tower 9-5 business bank headquarters" than "I'm on holiday", you can easily walk a few minutes to find areas where locals are hanging out, where there are more restaurants and shops than bank headquarters and mining start-up offices.

Edited: 1 year ago
Level Contributor
160 posts
7. Re: Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

Thank you for your reply. The link you attached, however, is for the Pinnacle at the Pier hotel in North Vancouver. The hotel we are considering is the Pinnacle Harborfront.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
14 reviews
5 helpful votes
8. Re: Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

Unfortunately, TA website attaches hot links to text by some sort of default. Ergo, individual posts have no control over which links are added.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,245 posts
58 reviews
98 helpful votes
9. Re: Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

All the mentions of the Pinnacle in this thread hyperlink to the Pinnacle at the Pier. It is TA's doing, not the poster.

Type in something like < rental car, or car rental > and find a hyper link to TA's platform for booking a rental car.

Or type the word < flight > to be taken to TA's booking platform for flights.

There are several links to booking a < cruise > in this thread too. The hyperlinks are about revenue for TA.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
16,745 posts
152 reviews
133 helpful votes
10. Re: Pinnacle Harborfront, Sheraton Wall Centre or Exchange Hotel
Save

Ironically the live link in your OP goes to Pinnacle at the Pier.

All of us who have posted know you are talking about the Pinnacle Harborfront due to context of your post.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.