We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to order a taxi in Vancouver?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
84 posts
How to order a taxi in Vancouver?
Save

Me and my friends, totally 5 person will be visiting Vancouver for a few days. How can we book a taxi? Which taxi company is most reliable? Can we get a quote first? Thanks!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
31,347 posts
115 reviews
79 helpful votes
1. Re: How to order a taxi in Vancouver?
Save

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g154943-s304/Vancouver:British-Columbia:Taxis.And.Rental.Cars.html

From the top questions, to the right of this page.

------------------------------------------------->

They are easier to find, if you aren't on a mobile device.

North Vancouver...
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
12,015 posts
201 reviews
423 helpful votes
2. Re: How to order a taxi in Vancouver?
Save

Where are you staying and where are you going? Easiest is download a taxi app. All the companies listed in the link above have apps. I use Vancouver Yellow Cabs as an app. Easy.

Fare is metered at $3.25 base and $1.84 per KM. That means anywhere within the downtown peninsula is $15 or less. Airport about $35.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
84 posts
3. Re: How to order a taxi in Vancouver?
Save

Thanks for your replies. I will check those taxi apps.

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
64 reviews
94 helpful votes
4. Re: How to order a taxi in Vancouver?
Save

Better to put the phone numbers of Yellow Cab, Maclure's Cab, Vancouver Taxi and Black Top Cab into your phone.

If you don't have wifi, you can still ask a shop or someone to call a cab for you.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
79 posts
27 reviews
72 helpful votes
5. Re: How to order a taxi in Vancouver?
Save

I just downloaded Kater, the Vancouver version of Uber. Rumor says it's fast and same rate as the taxis. Hope so. It's in beta mode right now.

No pickup at the airport though.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
16,745 posts
152 reviews
133 helpful votes
6. Re: How to order a taxi in Vancouver?
Save

There will be lots of cabs at the airport. Rates are zoned from the airport as well. YVR website can get you the info for fare to your hotel.

7. Re: How to order a taxi in Vancouver?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2020, 12:40
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.