We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver Airport question.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
Vancouver Airport question.
Save

We will be arriving at YVR by a cruise transfer bus . We have chosen this transfer because it does a short tour of Vancouver before dropping us at the departure terminal. We will be spending the night at the Holiday inn before a Very early flight We do not want to take the train from the city and really just want some down time in our hotel before flying home.

Question- Will it be possible for us to walk and take an elevator to arrival level, where we can hire a taxi or board a hotel shuttle bus ? Any advise is appreciated.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
56 reviews
102 helpful votes
1. Re: Vancouver Airport question.
Save

Holiday Inn Express or Holiday Inn Cambie? (its important to know because the Shuttle drivers aren't mind readers. I arrived exhausted from LHR last month and it it was infuriating to stand behind an Australian couple who had NO clue which one they had booked, and were determined to delay everyone while they discussed it)

Yes - you can easily access either level...? Not sure why you think this would be a problem? Like all airports people move between the areas as necessary.

If you aren't sure where the shuttle will pick you up you ca simply call the hotel and they will tell you.

Edited: 1 year ago
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
41 reviews
31 helpful votes
2. Re: Vancouver Airport question.
Save

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Richmond Airport on Cambie and the courtesy shuttle went to both "my" hotel as well as the Holiday Inn Express. There is a designated area for hotel shuttles

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,925 posts
41 reviews
31 helpful votes
3. Re: Vancouver Airport question.
Save

Further to my previous post there are another 2 Holiday Inns in Vancouver and another in North Vancouver so be sure to know which one you need to go to.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
56 reviews
102 helpful votes
4. Re: Vancouver Airport question.
Save

I feel that the Airport shuttle only goes to the Holiday Inn Express Richmond and the Holiday Inn Cambie. Not the other ones dotted around the Lower mainland...

But it is important to know which of those two you are headed to.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,232 posts
58 reviews
98 helpful votes
5. Re: Vancouver Airport question.
Save

Yes, you will probably be dropped off at the Departure Level but ask the driver to confirm.

From the Departure Level you can go inside the terminal and take the elevators down one floor to the Arrivals Level.

1. There should be a wall of hotel telephones attached to their respective hotel name signs somewhere near the carousels. Your hotel may have a phone, maybe not. You can call the hotel to notify them that you need a pick up. (Make sure the hotel shuttle runs during your arrival time.) You would then go outside where the shuttle buses pick up and wait for it to show up.

2. Or you can go outside the Arrivals door to the taxi rank for a taxi to the hotel.

The Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport has a shuttle but their website has no info about hours of service:

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/richmond/yvrap/hoteldetail#

The Holiday Inn Express Vancouver Airport has a shuttle but no operating hours in their website:

https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/richmond/yvria/hoteldetail

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Vancouver Airport question.
Save

Thanks everyone for all the information. We have recently been at CDG and JFK and know that some airports are harder to navigate than others I have not decided on the hotel, either the Holiday Inn Express or Holiday Inn Airport. I will email each hotel to find out the shuttle hours.

Any opinions about which would be the better choice ?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
56 reviews
102 helpful votes
7. Re: Vancouver Airport question.
Save

I MUCH prefer the Holiday Inn Airport Cambie Rd. Have stayed there 3 or 4 times in the last 2 years, most recently on May 14th. It is a full service hotel with a restaurant attached, and a bus stop across the road (should you feel the urge to go somewhere) The HIE is basically in the Costco car park and is a bit down at heel.

The shuttle goes every 30 minutes or so. You can book a time for your airport trip at Reception.

As I stated - the shuttle serves both hotels.

8. Re: Vancouver Airport question.

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2020, 12:41
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.