We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watch tour - June

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
55 reviews
108 helpful votes
Whale watch tour - June
Save

We are a family of 4 with a 5 and 6 year old. We will be there early June. I’ve looked at Vancouver Whale Watch and they seem to get good reviews. We are only there 2 nights before boarding a cruise. Unfortunately, we are already booked on helicopter dog sled in Juneau and will not have time for whale watch there. We are also booked on Major Marine Kenai Fjords 6 hr tour in Seward and have heard they sometimes see whales.

I realize there are no guarantees, just trying to figure if we should just chance it in Seward and skip the whale watch in Vancouver as there seems to be so many other things to do and that will take most of the day. Any thoughts?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
14 reviews
5 helpful votes
1. Re: Whale watch tour - June
Save

There's a possibility of seeing whales from the cruise ship, too. Our family reported many wildlife sightings, although this was mid July.

I don't think I'd bother w/ a whale watch tour in Vancouver. It's possibly a 6 hour day, with much of it "in transit."

Every family travels differently, but if it was ours, we would be wanting the kids to have a relaxed pace after what was likely a long travel day. Stanley Park (with or without bikes), Greenheart TreeWalk at UBC, Grouse Mountain or Maplewood Farm would get you outside. Rainy day activities could include Vancouver Aquarium, Science World, or Conservatory at Queen Elizabeth Park, or even a visit to the Vancouver Public Library central branch.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
55 reviews
108 helpful votes
2. Re: Whale watch tour - June
Save

Thank you, that’s what I’m leaning towards. Do you know if any of the bike rentals have training wheels? My 5 year old still uses them, but I guess we have a few weeks to teach her!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
14 reviews
5 helpful votes
3. Re: Whale watch tour - June
Save

Not training wheels, but the Trail-A-Bike is available at Spokes

https://spokesbicyclerentals.com/pages/rental-rates

It's not necessary to book bikes ahead, so you can decide when you arrive, based on weather. But for the specialty product, I'd suggest calling ahead on the day-of.

Edited: 2 years ago
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
55 reviews
108 helpful votes
4. Re: Whale watch tour - June
Save

Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
10 reviews
29 helpful votes
5. Re: Whale watch tour - June
Save

What are your dates for Vancouver? There are some good festivals in town, depends on dates.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
1,913 posts
55 reviews
108 helpful votes
6. Re: Whale watch tour - June
Save

We will be there June 1-3.

7. Re: Whale watch tour - June

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2020, 13:40
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.