We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of taxi

Phoenix
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Pinetop-Lakeside
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
474 reviews
231 helpful votes
cost of taxi
Save

What would a taxi cost from the cruise port to Four Seasons hotel

I want to make sure I have enough Canadian currency for the fare!

1. Re: cost of taxi

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 April 2019, 10:41
Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
16,745 posts
152 reviews
133 helpful votes
2. Re: cost of taxi
Save

From the cruise port to the Four Seasons will be between $5-$10 depending on traffic. It’s very close....a 10 minute walk up a very slight hill. Cabby might not be too thrilled with such a short fare :)

Cabs take credit cards as well.

I think YVR saw port and assumed “air” lol

Edited: 2 years ago
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,232 posts
58 reviews
98 helpful votes
3. Re: cost of taxi
Save

I think you are disembarking from the cruise ship at Canada Place? That will be on the metre.

You will be paying about $7 + optional 15% tip. It is 700 metres from the terminal to the hotel, a 10 min walk, maybe 15 with luggage.

The taxi just needs to come out from the underground parking area and go straight up Howe St to the hotel pull in on the left of Howe at the hotel. The driver does not need to turn right at the exit from the underground parking, even if he wants to and tries to, he doesn't need to, if you get my drift. Straight up Howe St for 700 metres, 3-5 min in the cab. The driver will be so disappointed with you as he will have been taken out of the long taxi queue when he really wants a fare to the airport for $40-50. :-O He would then have to get to the end of the queue after dropping you. Not that you shouldn't take a taxi, just be prepared for maybe a bit of attitude.

Map: https://goo.gl/maps/ibxAuNki9n32

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,232 posts
58 reviews
98 helpful votes
4. Re: cost of taxi
Save

It just occurred to me that there will no doubt be traffic controllers on the street outside the exit from the underground. If they direct the cab driver to turn right, he may have to do that. But I think if he indicates he wants to get onto Howe St, they will make that work. That is what they are there for.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
474 reviews
231 helpful votes
5. Re: cost of taxi
Save

I appreciate the advice.

Four Seasons wants $152.75 for a private car to go the short distance!

The taxi sounds fine to me.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
39,530 posts
60 reviews
46 helpful votes
6. Re: cost of taxi
Save

I'd walk. Seriously. If you have wheely bags and no medical restrictions, that's going to be the easiest. The line for cabs when the cruise ships come in can be nuts.

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
8 reviews
11 helpful votes
7. Re: cost of taxi
Save

Vanc67 I was going to say the same thing but through I sounded snarky so I deleted my post !! You were much more gracious than I !! OP, everything is so close in downtown Vanc I always walk when there; by the time you’ve climbed in and out of a cab or a bus or on/off the Skytrain, you could have walked a block or two. The distance from the cruise ship terminal to the hotel is 4-1/2 blocks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,232 posts
58 reviews
98 helpful votes
8. Re: cost of taxi
Save

Sort of like walking from the adobe Mission Church in Scottsdale to see a Giants game.

Phoenix
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,329 posts
474 reviews
231 helpful votes
9. Re: cost of taxi
Save

I am traveling alone on two back to back cruises with different climates

The suitcase will be large and on wheels but still too heavy for me to pull uphill for 4 1/2 blocks! That's very different than just walking the distance. I guess I am stuck with the taxi line.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
16,745 posts
152 reviews
133 helpful votes
10. Re: cost of taxi
Save

It's not uphill LOL! At most it's about 10 foot elevation gain over about 5 blocks! Use Googlemaps street view to check out the walk. You'd leave the cruise ship terminal and walk up Howe Street. Hotel is on the right before you get to Georgia Street

edit maybe it's uphill compared to Phoenix LOL

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.