We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage

Los Altos...
Level Contributor
430 posts
133 reviews
251 helpful votes
Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage
Save

How easy is the access to the Vancouver City Centre Station?

We will be staying at the St. Regis Hotel. We're debating as to whether we can easily manage the Canada Line to the airport. We will each have one large suitcase and a carry-on to maneuver - but don't want to try stairs or escalators with them (we are both rapidly approaching 80).

Are there elevators for entry to, and access in, the station? If not, we will plan to just take a taxi.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
31,371 posts
115 reviews
79 helpful votes
1. Re: Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage
Save

There are elevators there. I have used them myself, when leaving the airport, and wanting to get the bus.

But honestly, given the suitcase size, and the carry on, just grab a taxi! So much easier for you.

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage
Save

Oh yes I agree with Joan, take a taxi.

Joan, I've used the elevator down to the train level after the turnstiles, is there one to avoid the escalator from the street too? Where is it? I've never noticed it but could sure make use of it:)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,245 posts
58 reviews
98 helpful votes
3. Re: Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage
Save

The elevator is just behind the main entrance down to the platform. It’s between the main entrance and Nordstrom’s. At street level, it reminds me of a small one room house with an even smaller garage at the back!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
927 posts
37 reviews
11 helpful votes
4. Re: Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage
Save

As others have said, yes there are elevators.

The other consideration is what time of day you'll be heading to the airport?

Between 4pm and 7pm you may find yourself crammed in like sardines heading south on the train, so large bags may be a big of a hassle for you.

Outside of these times should be fine.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,245 posts
58 reviews
98 helpful votes
5. Re: Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage
Save

Saturdays, Sundays and holiday Mondays will not have the evening rush hour crush.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
506 posts
40 reviews
75 helpful votes
6. Re: Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage
Save

We used the Sky train and got off and on at Vancouver City Centre with our luggage to and from the airport. We had 2 medium sized cases each and 2 rucksacks. It was no problem. We will be doing the same in August aswell. Granted our flight times are handy as we arrive and leave at the least busiest times of day.

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
1,932 posts
8 reviews
11 helpful votes
7. Re: Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage
Save

Remember that the sky train in the quickest way to the airport. So if you are taking a cab you need to allow for extra time especially if you are travelling through rush hour

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
7 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage
Save

No doubt, it's a good, fast way to the airport but when I'm 'rapidly approaching 80' I'll be taking a cab.

9. Re: Vancouver City Centre Station - Access with Luggage

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2019, 12:19
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.