We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road trip Vancouver to Calgary

England, United...
12 posts
Road trip Vancouver to Calgary
Save

Would people recommend car and hotels prebooked ( any suggestions ) or Motorhome and look for camp sites along the way ( suggestions also ) thinking maybe taking in jasper and Banff ( first two weeks of July ) but never visited Canada before so no idea really

Also second question - going to the Calgary Stampede 14/15 public transport or car and any suggestions for hotels

Thanks for any help

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
27,117 posts
123 reviews
185 helpful votes
1. Re: Road trip Vancouver to Calgary
Save

Duplicate thread. Would suggest keeping all replies together here:

https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154918-i465-k11552623-Road_trip_Vancouver_to_Calgary-Jasper_Jasper_National_Park_Alberta.html#91848437

LMH, I realize you've probably posted this on the Vancouver forum wanting information specific to Vancouver. Hotels there are in high demand during cruise ship season (May to October) so I would definitely recommend booking in advance for there, as well as the other locations mentioned in your post. It's peak tourist season for all those locations.

England, United...
12 posts
2. Re: Road trip Vancouver to Calgary
Save

Thanks

I’ve never posted before so thought I had to ask the individual forums

3. Re: Road trip Vancouver to Calgary

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2019, 12:20
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.