We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are some things that I can do in Vancouver Nov 22-27??

Dublin, Ohio
4 posts
What are some things that I can do in Vancouver Nov 22-27??
Save

I'll be taking a vacation in Vancouver next month from Nov 22-27. What are some things that are fun to do and some cool places to check out? I'll be staying at a hotel Downtown. I like good food, live music, tourist attractions, cool bars, nightclubs, modern art, and just walking around to explore. I'm a 23 year old male (if that would matter). Are there any recommendations?

P.S. I don't mind the rain at all. :)

Gibsons, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
9,607 posts
32 reviews
93 helpful votes
1. Re: What are some things that I can do in Vancouver Nov 22-27??
Save

Darn, you're literally 3 days too late for the biggest indie art event in the city: https://culturecrawl.ca/. That's a shame.

Otherwise, you can pretty much do anything. Visit Stanley Park for a day, rent a bike and ride it around the seawall, check out the Vancouver Art Gallery, the Contemporary Art Gallery, the Bill Reid Gallery downtown...

Eat ramen, sushi, and izakaya around Robson and Denman Streets or Shanghainese at Peacefool or Dinesty.

Eat and drink in Gastown and Chinatown - so many cocktails places and hipster restaurants and fun bars. Not cheap, but good.

Then get out of downtown.

For a cool area to explore given your interests, a must would be to go to Main Street to the Mount Pleasant and Riley Park neighbourhoods (E 7th and Main and south along Main all the way to about E 33rd Ave) and check out the indie art galleries in that neighbourhood, all the murals on the buildings, and craft breweries, bars, restaurants (i.e. look up the Biltmore Cabaret, the Fox Cabaret, the Lido, Brassneck Brewing, 33 Acres, R&B Brewing). Tons of cool shops, book shops, record stores, quirky unique-to-Vancouver shops. A really hip cool artsy area popular amongst local artists.

Then head to Commercial Drive - more bohemian, hippy, counter-culture, and a mix of old school Italian delis, markets and espresso bars, third wave coffee shops full of freelance writers, hole in the wall ethnic restaurants, quirky watering holes (the Charlatan, BierCraft, Havana, St Augustine's, etc.) and live music in small venues (Libra Room, Tangent Cafe, Cafe Deux Soleils, etc.) WISE Hall and the Cultch nearby often have shows going on. The weirdness quotient of often off the charts. It's the kind of place you'll find cloven-hooved bagpipe players or a three-piece jazz ensemble busking on a random corner. It's just weird. Kinda gritty. Not for everyone, but you'll likely enjoy it. Oh yeah, and if you're into craft beer and distilleries, there are many in that part of town.

Other ideas:

Museum of Anthropology out at UBC (as well as the Beaty Biodiversity Museum)

Lynn Canyon Park

Museum of Vancouver

Kitsilano's W 4th Avenue for eats and shopping.

Edited: 3 years ago
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,497 posts
454 reviews
405 helpful votes
2. Re: What are some things that I can do in Vancouver Nov 22-27??
Save

If it is a beautiful glorious day consider going to Grouse Mountain on the North Shore. Great gondola ride to the top fantastic views. Here's a link to their website.

https://www.grousemountain.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
78,245 posts
58 reviews
98 helpful votes
3. Re: What are some things that I can do in Vancouver Nov 22-27??
Save

Frankie's Italian Kitchen and Bar plays live jazz 4 nights a week from Thursday to Sunday. It's on Beatty next to the Georgian Court Hotel.

Take a ride in a harbour ferry. 25 min one way along False Creek. www.granvilleislandferries.bc.ca or http://theaquabus.com/

At the west end of the harbour ferry routes, visit the Maritime Museum to see the historic St Roch. This attraction has a lot of artifacts and can be boarded. It sailed the Northwest Passage in the 1940s with the RCMP on board.

Any of these might be good on a rainy day.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,567 posts
14 reviews
5 helpful votes
4. Re: What are some things that I can do in Vancouver Nov 22-27??
Save

For live music, and other interesting happenings, you might like to check the listings at straight.com (Georgia Straight free & independent newspaper)

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
16,745 posts
152 reviews
133 helpful votes
5. Re: What are some things that I can do in Vancouver Nov 22-27??
Save

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g154943-i81-k9019799-3_day_Vancouver_trip_report_My_first_visit_to_Canada-Vancouver_British_Columbia.html

I recalled this trip report from 2015 and thought you might find it of interest...visitor was also here in November.

Second Robyn's suggestions of Main St and Commercial Drive

6. Re: What are some things that I can do in Vancouver Nov 22-27??

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2018, 12:19
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.