We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel itinerary - missing anything?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
Travel itinerary - missing anything?
Save

Hi all. Here's our itinerary as it stands. Are we missing anything vital?

7/26 - Arrive lunch time, check in and roam downtown/harbour

7/27 - Tour Stanley Park - Bruno mars concert (PM)

7/28 - capilano suspension bridge and then onto grouse mountain - Ed Sheeran concert (PM)

7/29 - Granville Is. markets/Gastown sightseeing - Celebration of Light (PM)

7/30 - Dep for Whistler, arrive lunch time, check in and Scandinave Spa afternoon

7/31 - Peak2Peak - possible bear sightseeing trip

8/1 - head back to Vancouver, (nothing planned for afternoon) Lady Gaga concert (PM)

8/2 - Dep for NYC

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
6,497 posts
454 reviews
405 helpful votes
1. Re: Travel itinerary - missing anything?
Save

Looks pretty good to me. Enjoy your trip.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
39,526 posts
60 reviews
46 helpful votes
2. Re: Travel itinerary - missing anything?
Save

Its a nice plan and fine the way it is. The only change I might make is that Granville Island and Gastown are on opposite sides of the city. I might spend that entire day around False Creek - Granville Island, Kits Point and Kits Beach, Olympic Village, Yaletown - and then just walk down Gastown, which is a great late afternoon/evening destination before the Gaga concert.

DH and I had a really nice day last summer where we got off the bus at Olympic Village, walked all up the sea wall path to Granville Island for lunch, then on to Kits Beach where we picked up a bus back to the Burrard st. Station for the ride home. Really lovely walk, and if you toss in one of the museums at Kits Point (Maritime Museum, Museum of Vancouver, Planetarium) its a full day. You also have the option to jump on a pedestrian ferry at Kits Point and ride back down to Yaletown and finish there.

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
174 posts
3. Re: Travel itinerary - missing anything?
Save

This is Jake from the North Vancouver Visitor Centre. It looks good to me! Come by to the visitor centre by Lonsdale Quay if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

Jake

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,323 posts
259 reviews
174 helpful votes
4. Re: Travel itinerary - missing anything?
Save

Your trip is well planned out. Have fun.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
44 posts
5. Re: Travel itinerary - missing anything?
Save

Thanks for the feedback everyone -

Now to switch focus to the next part of the trip :)

6. Re: Travel itinerary - missing anything?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2018, 13:18
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.