We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 full days in Vancouver

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
15 posts
150 reviews
48 helpful votes
2 full days in Vancouver
Save

Hello. I am staying in Vancouver 3 nights, 2 full days. I am going with my husband and our 10 years old twin daughters. Could you please recommend us what places to explore or visit?

Thanks

Giuliana

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
39,570 posts
60 reviews
46 helpful votes
1. Re: 2 full days in Vancouver
Save

https://www.tourismvancouver.com/

http://www.findfamilyfun.com/

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
15 posts
150 reviews
48 helpful votes
2. Re: 2 full days in Vancouver
Save

Thank you Vancouverite67 for your answer.... I have already investigated and I know there are tons of wonderful places in Vancouver to see.

If someone can point the best places to visit knowing I only have 2 days, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
34,233 posts
16 reviews
25 helpful votes
3. Re: 2 full days in Vancouver
Save

If you want specifics, you need to give people an idea of your interests. We could say take a harbour cruise, and you could say we get seasick... or you should go to the art gallery, and you hate art & museums. "best" is subjective ...

Surely from your research you've identified certain things you really want to do... perhaps list them here, and folks can arrange your days.

Edited: 4 years ago
Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
15 posts
150 reviews
48 helpful votes
4. Re: 2 full days in Vancouver
Save

Thank you phpr.

The places that sound attractive to me are:

Capilano Suspension Bridge

Stanley Park

Gastown

Granville island public market

robson st

harbour center

lions gate bridge

Yaletown

Whale watching

Grouse Mountain

Sea to Sky Gondola

We are getting there at the end of July. O know those are to many places to visit in only 2 days, that's why I need someone who is familiar with all these places give me advise.

Thanks

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
174 posts
5. Re: 2 full days in Vancouver
Save

Hi there!

I'm Claire from the North Vancouver visitor centre. Hopefully I can help give you an idea of day trips for your trip to Vancouver.

In one day, you can definitely accomplish the Capilano Suspension Bridge and Grouse Mountain. If you're staying in downtown area you have to cross the Lions Gate bridge to get to these place, as long as you're not taking the seabus. The Capilano Suspension Bridge takes about 2 hours to see the whole park, and Grouse Mountain is usually a half day thing but you have the freedom to spend as long or as little time as you wish.

For whale watching tours, they can be long trips, usually at least 5 hours. If you really wish to do a whale watching tour I would suggest to book right away, as they can be busy in the summer months. Just be prepared for the time it takes for these tours.

Sea to Sky Gondola is located in Squamish, so it takes about 45 minutes up to an hour to get there. If you don't have a car you will have to take a shuttle departing from downtown Vancouver. And the Sea to Sky Gondola is another half day trip.

Since you are so crunched in time, I would suggest picking Grouse Mountain or Sea to Sky Gondola. Although they are not comparable gondola rides, you may wish to spend your time doing something else that you haven't experienced at all. The Sea to Sky Gondola takes longer to get to but they have tons of hiking trails, a suspension bridge, cafes, look out points and a beautiful view from the gondola. Whereas Grouse Mountain has 2 rescue grizzly bears, a comedic lumberjack show, a birds in motion demonstration, hiking trails and a great view as well!

As for Stanley Park, Gastown, Yaletown, Robson St and Granville Island Market, they are located in the downtown core and could be completed in a FULL day. If you want, you could rent bikes for the day and take them around Stanley Park seawall and over to Granville Island Market. Or you can take the skytrain to Yaletown and take an aquabus to Granville Island Market from there and then make your way back to Robson st for dinner or some shopping.

Doing all of these things would be a full day, Granville Island Market has lots of things for families to do and can take a half day. Robson st. is mostly shopping but you can easily walk from there to Yaletown or Gastown.

Stanley Park has the Vancouver Aquarium there and quite a few other things to stop and enjoy if you're interested and if it's a nice day you can lounge on Second Beach and go for a swim. It just depends how determined you are on seeing it all in a full day and how much time you spend at each destination.

I hope this helps give you an idea of what can be accomplished in 1 day.

Enjoy your trip with your family!

Lima, Peru
Level Contributor
15 posts
150 reviews
48 helpful votes
6. Re: 2 full days in Vancouver
Save

Thank you very much North_Van_team your answer was really helpful.

Giuliana

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
39,570 posts
60 reviews
46 helpful votes
7. Re: 2 full days in Vancouver
Save

See, my list of "best places" would have been quite different. I would have spent a lot of time mapping out an itinerary you had no interest in. I would have sent you to the Dr. Sun Yat Sen Garden and Barclay Square and to Vanier Park to visit the Museum of Vancouver and the Maritime Museum. I would have suggested lunch on the deck of the Jericho Sailing club and time to see the Museum of Anthropology and get into Nitobe Garden while you are there. I would have suggested dinner and some live theatre one evening on Granville Island.

There is no 'best'. Its all good. Your list of what interests *you* is very helpful. NV tourism has summarized it nicely. Don't really have anything to add other than Stanley Park can be a very full day on its own, especially if you walk some of the interior trails through the trees as well as the sea wall and also spend time in the aquarium. Check the Stanley Park Ecology Society website and the schedule for Theatre Under the Stars as well. Lots going on in the park.

8. Re: 2 full days in Vancouver

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2018, 12:17
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.