We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go to Vancouver then Whistler, or vice versa?

1 post
Go to Vancouver then Whistler, or vice versa?

I am planning my upcoming trip to BC this winter, and I was wondering what do you guys think..

Should I fly to Vancouver, have some tourism, then go to Whistler and enjoy the village and skiing there etc..or should I do go Whistler first and end with vancouver?

I am asking for touristic purposes. I want to end my vacation on a bang, with beautiful views etc.

2 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
68,124 posts
66 reviews
1. Re: Go to Vancouver then Whistler, or vice versa?

Hi ~

More importantly you should end your time in Vancouver, which is close to the airport. You don't want to be driving down the highway from Whistler in the winter on the day of your flight out. Collisions in the past have closed the Sea to Sky highway for hours, 5 hours, 8 hours, 2 hours. Although that does not happen frequently, it happens and the folks in cars on these day did not get through until the road was opened again.

Pacific Coach Lines runs from the airport to Whistler. It's a comfortable ride. Epic Rides runs from downtown Vancouver, from behind the Hyatt Hotel.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
419 reviews
2. Re: Go to Vancouver then Whistler, or vice versa?

I agree with MuftiVancouver and recommend staying in Vancouver last.

It also depends on when your flight comes in and how long your stay is. If coming in late, it would be hard to get to Whistler, so you may want to stay a night in Richmond (near the airport) or in Vancouver first before heading on to Whistler. And if you're staying more than 7 days, I would just recommend a couple days in Vancouver, then a couple days in Whistler, and then a couple days in Vancouver again.

Reply to: Go to Vancouver then Whistler, or vice versa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about British Columbia