We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Jacisco Nov.14th

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
Riu Jacisco Nov.14th
Save

What can anyone tell me about this hotel? My boss and family are going for a week and would like some info: they are travelling with a 1yr. old.... Which rooms are good, restaurants, areas of the beach, areas to visit? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Linda

Fruitport, Michigan
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
57 helpful votes
1. Re: Riu Jacisco Nov.14th
Save

Too bad your not going - but anyway we went to the Riu Jalisco last year and enjoyed it pretty much. The beach is hugh and goes on forever. You can go out from the hotel and go right and walk down to a town I think is called Bucerius. There's one or two bars/restaurants on the water that we sat and drinks and actually breakfast a couple times - nothing like sitting in a lawn chair eating and drinking Corona with your toes in the water.

If you go left there's a pretty nice restuarant on the water for dinner. At the hotel I perferred to sit at the restaurnat that's down by the waterand listen to the waves. During the day it's where they serve the lunch buffet. The entertainment is pretty nice and the pool was nice, not too cold. However the only problem we did have was getting the air conditioner to work properly which is bad when you've had a little to much sun and want it cool! Also there was quite a mildew smell which I havn't experiened before. But if you get it at the price we had gotten for we were very happy.

Oh the nice thing too is the water is fairly shallow for the little one so they can have a good time carrying the baby out in the water.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
2. Re: Riu Jacisco Nov.14th
Save

Thanks! I'll pass the info along... Yeah, I wish I were going away as well but I'm saving my sun vacation for the really cold winter...

Thanks again.

Pt. Coq., BC Canada
Level Contributor
609 posts
3. Re: Riu Jacisco Nov.14th
Save

With travelling with a one year old, I would definitely ask for a quiet room. You hear a lot of noise in your room from other vacationers walking and talking in the hallways, they echo terribly loud. Also I would not want to be at the 2 ends of the horseshoe over looking the entertainment and disco area, we were woken up many times around 2 a.m. when the partiers would be leaving the disco. I would also advise bringing with them any toys/beach toys for the baby as they are very expensive in the gift shop, also a small shade umbrella would be handy. Hope this helps.

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
263 posts
5 reviews
48 helpful votes
4. Re: Riu Jacisco Nov.14th
Save

We were there last winter as well. Take some sort of floating devise for the little one. The kids pool is 4 ft deep...but lots of fun (slides).

A room further back is far quieter. Our was on the fifth floor above the dining rooms. Much quieter.

The beach is great for little ones especially when the tide goes out...

They'll have a blast.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
5. Re: Riu Jacisco Nov.14th
Save

Thanks everyone for the help. I just realized that I had made a mistake in the date I marked for the post. They left Oct.14th, I imagine they are having a great time!!

Thanks again!

Linda

6. Re: Riu Jacisco Nov.14th

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 12:22
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.