We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Save

Hi everyone,

My husband and I are planning a trip to Mexico in early December. My husband wants to surf while we are there. We are interested in staying at the Dreams Villamagna resort. Just wondering if anyone knows what the surfing conditions are like at or near that resort. Any other recommendations?

Thx.

Pam

oshkosh,wisconsin
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Save

have seen it but u really need to get out of the bay for better waves-sayulita is more known for and i think u can rent boards and all there-it is about 1 hour north of nuevo-we took a cab once and for fifty the cabby hung around letting us walk around and checked out other beachs-spent 5-6 hours with us for the fifty which we did not think was bad but that was several years ago-alot of people bus up there.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
2. Re: Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Save

There's good boogie boarding in Nuevo Vallarta, but you'd need to go to Sayulita for proper surfing. it's not that difficult to get there and back by bus, which would be a lot cheaper than a cab.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
16,446 posts
67 reviews
142 helpful votes
3. Re: Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Save

Other two posters are correct- there are surfing lessons to be had around Puntade Mita or Sayulita, but no surf breaks in Nuevo Vallarta.

I would take a cab or bus up to Sayulita -and you should be able to just arrange some intro lessons from one of the few surf rental places on the beach.

I still kick myself for not taking lessons when we stayed there for ten days.

calgary
Level Contributor
400 posts
4. Re: Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Save

They rent boards on the beach beside villamagna. You can surf right there but it is not the best.It is ok for a begineer just trying it out. Sayulita is where to go for better surf.

Laconia, New...
Level Contributor
15,579 posts
6 reviews
52 helpful votes
5. Re: Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Save

Boogie boarding is great.....

Cold Lake, Canada
Level Contributor
677 posts
6. Re: Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Save

Body surfing is fun also and the waves in Nuevo are fine for it.

Canada
4 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Save

Thanks everyone for your feedback! Just one more question. We are now considering staying in Sayulita. We are from Canada and my husband wants to surf everyday. Anybody know of a good place. Reviews for Villa Amor seem promising but just curious if anyone knows of any other places that are nice. And if you know of specific rooms in Villa Amor to stay at or stay away from. Thanks again!

Pam

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
16,446 posts
67 reviews
142 helpful votes
8. Re: Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Save

CanadaGirl- Sayulita is a great place to stay...we were there for ten days a few summers ago.

Another option for a place to stay- check out www.vrbo.com .

There are tons of wonderful casitas or villas to rent in Sayulita, which are privately owned. There are so many in the location that you can get a great deal. We stayed in a casita at Casa de Ensueno. I think it was only $550 a week and very roomy, full kitchen, plunge pool.

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,109 posts
29 reviews
53 helpful votes
9. Re: Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta
Save

Also, Sayulita has its own forum here on the Trip Advisor, so be sure to check it out. Someone there would probably be able to help you, too.

10. Re: Surfing at or near Dreams Villamagna Nuevo Vallarta

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2011, 13:19
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.