We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vallarta Palace Tours/Excursions

Post Falls, Idaho
Level Contributor
79 posts
2 reviews
5 helpful votes
Vallarta Palace Tours/Excursions
Save

I have searched the forum and read the reviews and the guests of the Vallarta Palace say the tours from the resort are not all that great. I have checked the website for Vallarta Adventures and have seen the same tour (mentioned as a hotel tour) for the 'Rhythms of the Night'. Is this the same and are the others offered by the resort the same? Thank you all for the wealth of information.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Nuevo Vallarta
Level Contributor
2,211 posts
1. Re: Vallarta Palace Tours/Excursions
Save

It's been a couple of years since we stayed at the Palace, but the complimentary tours included at that time were:

1) a bus tour of Puerto Vallart and points south, including Los Arcos and a tequila factory; this took longer than it needed to, and we ended up wasting too much time getting to the tequila factory, and hanging around at a silver store; we decided to stay in PV near the end of the tour, and make our own way back to the hotel later; the tour wasn't all that bad, but I probably wouldn't do it again

2) a sunset sailboat trip - this was well done, and something the whole family enjoyed; the boat departs from the Nuevo marina, which is only a couple of minutes from the Palace; highly recommended

3) a canal tour, which we didn't go on.

As far as I know, none of these tours have anything to do with Vallarta Adventures. We've used Vallarta Adventures for things ranging from Rhythms of the Night to a Dolphin Swim to the Outdoor Adventure. We've always booked directly with them online - the process was glitch-free, and you end up saving a little money by doing it this way as well.

oshkosh,wisconsin
Level Contributor
359 posts
6 reviews
17 helpful votes
2. Re: Vallarta Palace Tours/Excursions
Save

we were there last year and all the ones mentioned above were offered also they offered a day long boat ride/snorkelling at los arcos/horseback riding to see a water falls south of town that took most of the day-it was very nice with food and drinks on board-it probaly would have cost 75 per person if u had to pay for it

San Antonio...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
19,069 posts
727 reviews
699 helpful votes
3. Re: Vallarta Palace Tours/Excursions
Save

We did the canal tour, personally I would not suggest it. Yes it was free but was nothing special...hubby liked it cause he got to see crocodiles on the shore!!! They claim you get to see some lovely houses etc. I did not see anything too special except, water, green plants, normal houses, nothing unusual and lots of Crocs on shores....the people who ran the tour were quite amusing though I must say!

albany
Level Contributor
131 posts
53 reviews
18 helpful votes
4. Re: Vallarta Palace Tours/Excursions
Save

We were there 2 weeks ago and we did the city tour and Tequilla tour thru the hotel,they were good, but we did the Canopy tour-Zip lining and Rythym of the nights thru Vallarta Adventures,well worth the money...

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
363 posts
22 reviews
56 helpful votes
5. Re: Vallarta Palace Tours/Excursions
Save

we were there in june and did the zip line tour and the waterfall (horseback riding/catamaran) tour. they were both a lot of fun, good value. the waterfall tour takes all day, you get back in the late afternoon, the zip line is a little shorter than that. they are both included and well worth it.

we did the canal cruise a few years ago and it was terrible. waste of time.

we have also done tours with vallarta adventures before (paid for those) and they were awesome. see what they have to offer once you get there. you can book your vallarta adventure tours right inside the hotel. have fun

Naperville, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
11,109 posts
29 reviews
53 helpful votes
6. Re: Vallarta Palace Tours/Excursions
Save

I guess it's different strokes for different folks. I went on one of the canal tours in Nuevo Vallarta last year and I thoroughly enjoyed it. (I don't think anyone could pay me enough to go up on a zip line tour, but that's just me.)

Enjoy your trip, whatever tours you go on!

Edited: 10 years ago
7. Re: Vallarta Palace Tours/Excursions

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2011, 15:25
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.