We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question for kellsma

unknown
Level Contributor
121 posts
question for kellsma
Save

How comparable is Nuevo Vallarta to Marina Vallarta. I'd really like to stay in Nuevo but the hotel I'm probably going to pick (Velas Vallarta) from what I understand is in the the marina area. Any info on the area or the hotel would be great.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
940 posts
11 reviews
67 helpful votes
1. Re: question for kellsma
Save

HI Dreb,

I am here. The marina area is right next to the airport, built up with resorts, shops and restaurants as well as a marina for boats. It is not right in downtown but an inexpensive ride to downtown.

Nuevo Vallarta is north of the airport by about 15-20 minutes. It is a newer resort area, mostly large resorts and condos there. Not much else. If you are looking at RIU, it is even further north and a long way out. The beaches in NV are very nice, long, good for walking. Can't comment on the Marina beaches yet.

People seem to like the Marina area. REsort area but still close enough to go into town. We have not stayed at Velas Vallarta yet, but I know it is connected with Grand Velas and have read good reviews on it. I like the fact is has been completely renovated so no construction going on, big rooms, not crazy with activities all over the place, loud-etc. WE don't like those kinds of resorts. Comfy beds, good food, don't think you can ask for much more.

Hope this helps a little.

unknown
Level Contributor
121 posts
2. Re: question for kellsma
Save

Kellsma

Thanks, do you know since these two two resorts are connected with one another, if your staying at one do you get to use any of the facilities at the other?

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
940 posts
11 reviews
67 helpful votes
3. Re: question for kellsma
Save

That I highly doubt. Sorry.....

Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.