We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marival in January?

Alberta
Level Contributor
382 posts
26 reviews
68 helpful votes
Marival in January?
Save

Could anyone tell my typically how busy the Marival is in January? We prefer to go during the 'off' season as my daughter and I tend to get rather claustrophobic when there's too many people around, but may end up going in January. I guess specifically wondering about the pools and beach being crowded.

Also I've heard conflicting reports about there being adjoining rooms, does anyone know? I don't want to request adjoining, then get placed in bad room because there isn't adjoining.

Steinbach MB
Level Contributor
23 posts
1. Re: Marival in January?
Save

Obviously dec-mar are there busy months, and i expect they will be at capacity. We stayed there a few years back in January. We loved the resort, and we thought the food was unbelieveable. The Italian, and Mexican restaurants were our favorite. Great Margarita Bar as well. We never had a problem finding room around one of the pools or the beach, and there was 6 of us.

Have fun.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,666 posts
124 reviews
407 helpful votes
2. Re: Marival in January?
Save

We just got back last Thursday :)

We were there Feb2006 and the resort was FULLLY BOOKED But it certainly didn't feel like it, we had no problems ever getting chairs at any of the pools or beach area through I would get those reservations booked for three nights before you leave via email. If you are there on a Friday Night the seafood buffet at Casa Bella's is awsome and it doesn't require reservations :)

I have never seen or heard that there are adjoining rooms?? Might want to stay away from Club side facing the lobby bar, it is really noisy at night so much so we had to be moved from our 1 bedroom suite. They then did put us a jr. suite oceanfront :)

Woodstock, IL
Level Contributor
26 posts
2 reviews
4 helpful votes
3. Re: Marival in January?
Save

My husband and I were there the first week of January three years ago and it wasn't crowded at all. We had been there previously in mid February and it was quite crowded. I preferred January over February. We are leaving for the Marival on Tuesday, 11/27 and stayed there last year at that same time. This is deifinitely my favorite time to go there. The weather is beautiful, the occupancy at the resort is relatively low and the Apple Vacations prices are low.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,666 posts
124 reviews
407 helpful votes
4. Re: Marival in January?
Save

We like going in Nov over going in Jan/Feb too and can not beat those prices :)

Osage Beach...
Level Contributor
3,116 posts
23 reviews
170 helpful votes
5. Re: Marival in January?
Save

I will be there for one week 16-23 Jan. I promise not to get in your way if your holiday occurs during my stay.

Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
12 helpful votes
6. Re: Marival in January?
Save

Hi Gizzie-

Stayed with girlfriends in Dec 2005. We had 3 resort rooms booked and asked if there was anyway we could gets suites. I was angling for 3 1bedrooms but we ended up getting a three bedroom suite that could not have been any closer to the ocean and just beautful! I would ask to trade your 2 resort rooms in for a 2 bedroom before I would ask for adjioning rooms. If they have one available I can't see why they wouldn't give you the bump. We did need to talk to a manager to make it happen...be gracious and smile...you never know unless you ask!

It never seemed too crowed. We'd stake out our beach chairs with magazines before breakfast and never had any problems finding a spot. For some reason this hotel doesn't seem over-crowed especially by the pools...maybe because there are a couple all spread out on the club and grand sides.

We're going in a couple of weeks and I'll be sure to post a review! I just got a activites guide sent to me via email from the Marival and the daily schedule looks fun. Lots to do!

Alberta
Level Contributor
382 posts
26 reviews
68 helpful votes
7. Re: Marival in January?
Save

witriptaker - thanks, I think that's what we may do, book 2 rooms then politely ask when we get there if we can trade for a suite. I'll get my husband to do the talking, he can be charming and persuasive at times! We'll be with our kids ages 10/14, so I'd feel better if they were in a suite with us, rather than their own rooms (which I think they prefer, but too bad).

doncarlos - thanks!! I'm looking at the 12-19, so we'll overlap.

I'm getting excited now!

Osage Beach...
Level Contributor
3,116 posts
23 reviews
170 helpful votes
8. Re: Marival in January?
Save

If the over lap happens I'll pick up your drinks for the first couple of days, then you're on your own.

Level Contributor
66 posts
1 review
12 helpful votes
9. Re: Marival in January?
Save

Gizzie-

Sounds like a 2 bedroom would be great for your family. Enough privacy to get away to in your own bedrooms, but still having the common area to be together and kind of launch your days.

Good luck!

10. Re: Marival in January?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.