We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Back From Paradise Village

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
122 posts
Just Back From Paradise Village
Save

We just returned from a glorious week at Paradise Village. (timeshare trade - we own a week at Royal Islander in Cancun) I really don't understand all the negative reviews; we had a great time and thought that the property was upgraded from when we were there a couple of years ago. We had a 1 BR - 2 Bath. Only one phone call about a timeshare sales pitch - and after I politely told them we weren't interested, they left us alone.

Restauants we went to in Bucerias - Karen's Place, Mezzogiorno were both excellent. Mezzogiorno was the most romantic setting of any restaurant I've ever been to! Calamari was great, and we had the calamari, 2 entrees and 3 glasses of wine - $41 total! karen's Place was also very good.

We also went to La Laguna and Fajita Republic. Both very good, althought there was a timeshare shark as we excited La Laguna which really irritated me. Now that I think of it I should have complained to the manager. Margaritas were THE BEST at Fajita Republic!

We went to Porto Bellos at Marina Vallarta - kind of expensive; not worth it. The best part of our excursion to the Marina was El Faro - the lighthouse bar.

I would be glad to answer any questions about Paradise Village or Nuevo Vallarta . . . we'll definitely go back!

Fargo, ND
4 posts
1. Re: Just Back From Paradise Village
Save

Hi, Great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at PV. My husband and I will be there Jan. 1-8 and were wondering about the busses to Puerto. My travel agent said they are only $1 each way, but I find that hard to believe. Do you suggest taxi or bus to Puerto? I also heard something about a boat at the marina that gives tours? Any info on that? Any other advice besides restaraunts?

Thanks in advance!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
122 posts
2. Re: Just Back From Paradise Village
Save

We have not used the bus to Puerto Vallarta, we took a water taxi right from Paradise Village during our last visit. I think it's $18 per person round trip to take the water taxi. I believe that the bus is only

about $1.50 per person - but I've heard that it takes about 45 minutes by bus, longer if there's lots of traffic. Sorry I can't report back about anything other than the beach (great for walking, especially at low tide - and the restaurants - 'cause that's all we did! That's all we wanted to do - just decompress!

3. Re: Just Back From Paradise Village

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 22:19
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.