We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Vallarta in 7 days, any last minute items i should take

silver spring, MD
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
3 helpful votes
Riu Vallarta in 7 days, any last minute items i should take
Save

Hi All,

I am leaving in a week. I have been reading alot of posts on the board and have items to take from ear plugs, to febreze. Any last minute items I should take.

Norfolk, Virginia
Level Contributor
490 posts
5 reviews
71 helpful votes
1. Re: Riu Vallarta in 7 days, any last minute items i should take
Save

Debbies Dominican Travel website has a great list. Then make your own, and add to it every time you travel. I always take my own shampoo and conditioner, soap, and coffee maker just incase they don't have one in the room. Better to take what you might need. Most toiletries are expensive, expecially chaptsick and sunscreen. Oh, and dental floss. Which resort are you going to?

red deer
Level Contributor
32 posts
2. Re: Riu Vallarta in 7 days, any last minute items i should take
Save

Hi, We just stayed at the RIU Vallarta and they have pretty much anything you will need. I would wait to buy bug spray until you get their. Take the public transit bus (of which stops pretty much in front of the RIU). It is called the ATM and is like a grey colored and marked RIU to Walmart on their windhshield. It is only a 1.50 each way and great to take. Anyhow, they have at Walmart the best smelling bug spray you'll ever need and it smells like citranella. They also have other toiletries if you need them and no more expensive then where you're from either (we found anyway). Also, if taking booze back, buy it from there, it is DIRT cheap. Even if you pay a bit of duty on the way back to the US, it is still WAY cheaper at Walmart. The RIU provides soap, shampoo and conditioner everyday too. Make sure you bring 45 to 50 SPF of sunscreen with you, it is cheaper in the States or they may have sale at Walmart if you're fortunate enough to get a good deal. It wasn't too badly priced at the gift store at the RIU though. Anything else about the RIU, just let me know. Ask also for a foamie for the bed, you'll be glad you did as the beds are hard. Other then that, great staff and place to stay. Have fun, Scott and Sandra Reeves

Merrillville...
Level Contributor
308 posts
2 reviews
12 helpful votes
3. Re: Riu Vallarta in 7 days, any last minute items i should take
Save

For us a must is an insulated mug. It was so much easier to have them fill the mug ( Bubba Keg) then to keep going back to the bar. I purchased two 34 0z mugs, we only used one and it kept the drinks cold for hours. I used spf 70 sunscreen and still burnt. So take lots of sunscreen and something for sunburn if you burn easy. Have a wonderful trip we did . We were ar the Riu Vallarta in July.

oregon
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Riu Vallarta in 7 days, any last minute items i should take
Save

me

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
1 review
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Riu Vallarta in 7 days, any last minute items i should take
Save

pdx2go

You have that all wrong, should be ME lol

OK US

6. Re: Riu Vallarta in 7 days, any last minute items i should take

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2009, 08:18
Get answers to your questions about Nuevo Vallarta
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Hong Kong. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.